God of War III - Discussion thread

Re: The God of War III thread!

dinjo said:
I re-started playing GOW 3 in easy difficulty.

I am also thinking of doing that. Want to see how those hidden things that I found will help me.After finishing titan, easy mode looks like a cakewalk.

Warning : Spoilers ahead.

Finally, I played this game. Like its predecessors GoW 3 re-defines what games can achieve in terms of graphics, art, scale and presentation. But, unlike its predecessors it suffers from a weak plot which hampered the game-play. The game picks up pace brilliantly after Kratos fights the big scorpion but I feel the whole game should played that way from the beginning.

Following are problems with Gow 3:

-Weak Plot : Both GoW 1 and 2 had a solid plot where you have clearly defined tasks which you need to accomplish. You never lose track of your goals. And each objective you accomplish feels like a step required to fulfill the final objective. But in GoW 3, you never really know what goal you are trying to seek, you just move about the game.

-Easy or non-existent boss battles : GoW 1 had just 1 boss battle but it is the most memorable battle in the series. GoW 2 had many amazing boss battles which required you to sweat it out. GoW 3 has many boss battles but most of them fail to impress. The only exceptions are Cronos and Cerberus (three headed dog of Hades). The death of Helios and Hermes makes you wonder how fragile the Gods of Olympus are.

-Less enemies - GoW 1 and 2 threw tons of medusas, soldiers, cyclops etc at each step to stop you from reaching your goal. So when Kratos himself comes to Olympus to take out the Gods in GoW 3, you are amazed at the lax security setup at Olympus.

-Some flimsy elements like Gaia's betrayal, Hephaestus death with his own weapon, POP : Two Throneseque dream sequence.

Make no mistake, GoW 3 is an amazing game in itself but it simply couldn't fill the boots of the predecessors.

Alrighty folks, I couldn't resist but borrow the disc from a friend. Fired it once again and to my utter dismay I ran across 2 issues - videos stuttering and no audio! :O

Took the disc out and saw a lot of neat fingerprints and smudges on the data layer. Cleaned it and put the disc inside. No more of those stutters but no audio again. The receiver was accepting the Dolby D signal when the game starts but instantly goes back to the normal stereo mode. Tried every other option I could and later our friendly search engine threw me a bunch of similar stories and one thread in the PS community wherein another user ran into similar issues with GT5.

5.1 Dobly Surround Sound Not Working (Look Here!) - Official PlayStation® Community -PlayStation.com

And so it appears the DTS option was enabled within the sound settings. Disabled it and everything was back to normal. :D

Can't believe Santa Monica did not run into this issue while testing the game!

Will play the game later once I am done with my existing PS3 backlogs. The game certainly looks epic on the big ass display. :p

If u would have atleast...started the game and finished the beginning level, I am sure, you wouldn't have stopped playing the game till end :p

xXx said:
If u would have atleast...started the game and finished the beginning level, I am sure, you wouldn't have stopped playing the game till end :p
LOL what nonsense are you talking? FTR I've completed the game almost a year back! Twice.

Here you go if it helps. :)

Got the disc once again (and backed it up too!) and this time ran into few issues with the sound setup. Got it sorted out like I mentioned.

kestrel5915 said:
Which display were you using before the present during the first playthrough?
Dell U2407 WFP.

Gannu said:
LOL what nonsense are you talking? FTR I've completed the game almost a year back! Twice.

Here you go if it helps. :)

Got the disc once again (and backed it up too!) and this time ran into few issues with the sound setup. Got it sorted out like I mentioned.
ooops.:ashamed: I thot u didn't played the game :p

xXx said:
ooops.:ashamed: I thot u didn't played the game :p
I quite figured that out. How about taking a closer look at the day that snap was posted? ;)

Woke up till 4 AM that night and even took a day off on Mar. 17th. :lol:

On a side note, I ran into a similar issue while setting up the X360. The Dolby D wouldn't work and once again, Google came to the rescue. Turned off 'Display Discovery' option in the video settings from the dashboard, restarted the console and set the resolution manually and TADA! The receiver showed Dolby D. :D

Have been playing God Of War I and its awesome halfway through the game and having a fun time.

Playing this game right now, might be halfway through, just what an awesome game this is. I am sad that i even played the shitty game called dantes inferno. This game is atleast 100x better

Now that's what I was talking about in the God of War IV thread and this news comes up. But is it official and confirmed? It's surprising to see how this new came out of nowhere and the release date is July 7.

I'll replay Ghost of Sparta if this is true, since my friend's PSP version had major frame rate issues. ;)

Anyone knows how long is God of War II ? I'm at The Temple of Euryale

Started the game in hard mode.
<

Back