1. Yes
Remaining Warranty Period
NONE
Invoice Available?
Yes
Reason for Sale
House Cleaning
Hello everyone,

I am giving away the Thermisto Intermediate 7 in 1 Soldering Kit. It contains a Soldering iron, Solder, Flux, Stand , and desoldering wik. This does an Okay job. Not suitable for high precision job.

I am keeping the wire cutter and tweezer. THEY ARE NOT A PART OF THE GIVEAWAY

I wanted to try my hand at soldering but the end is too big for my use. I need something smaller.

As usual, if you are from Delhi / NCR then meet me anywhere on the Blue line and collect it.

If you are from some other place then you need to pay for the shipping only / or you can arrange pickup from my place. .

replied.
If you're looking into getting a decent soldering iron, take a look at one of the following:
1) SH72
2) TS80 or TS100
3) Pinecil (by Pine Labs)
THE TS100 is the perfect tool. But damn the price is too much. Its cheaper for me to get the soldering done by mobile repairing guys. :p;)
Package booked for @lepermessiah

The package will be picked up tomorrow from my place.

Last edited:
I wanted to try my hand at soldering but the end is too big for my use. I need something smaller.
I have the same kit and experienced the same problem as you.... Do you have any other kit suggestions? Thanks.

It comes down to technique, I've used a similar soldering iron (Soldron) for BIOS chip replacement and SMD soldering down to 0603 (both require different techniques).

Here's a timestamped video showing the technique to replace BIOS chips with a large tip:

But this kind of iron is not recommended for SMD repair for another reason — it's not temperature controlled.

There are temperature controlled soldering stations under Rs 2000 by a group called OSS. They use Hakko compatible tips with the heating element inside the tip and they work better than the TS100/TS80/Pinecil but are bulkier because they have a base station (they're higher power). I use a super large 5mm tip with one of these for BIOS chips replacement.

Back