Disciple
Which motherboard is better for 939 agp in terms of :
Performance sepecially in games,overall also
Stability
Overclocking
Life

Gigabyte GA-K8NS-939 or Asus A8V delux

give costs of both.

i found that i couldnt use the lan on my a8v while overclocking. plus 1:1 ocs wont take you more than 230-240htt

however should anything happen and you need to get a replacement , asus is the way to go. very good network for customer care /rma

bottle said:
i found that i couldnt use the lan on my a8v while overclocking. plus 1:1 ocs wont take you more than 230-240htt

however should anything happen and you need to get a replacement , asus is the way to go. very good network for customer care /rma

Hi Bottle, can you please let me know where can I approach to repair an Asus board? My brother had a computer with an Asus motherboard which, somehow made contact with a loose brass standoff in the case and shorted. There is a very small area with burnt marks on the motherboard. I wanted to show it to some Asus tech guys to know whether it can be repaired. Do you think that this is repairable?

Sonnenkinder said:
Hi Bottle, can you please let me know where can I approach to repair an Asus board? My brother had a computer with an Asus motherboard which, somehow made contact with a loose brass standoff in the case and shorted. There is a very small area with burnt marks on the motherboard. I wanted to show it to some Asus tech guys to know whether it can be repaired. Do you think that this is repairable?

try contacting your nearest rashi dealer since they handle the servicing / warranty for asus.

http://www.rptechindia.com/

hardboy said:
Is it worth it ,how much performance gain do I get by taking asus a8n -sli over asus a8v dlx,i know it is pci express.

havent used the sli deluxe so cant comment on its stability or performance. though it too doesnt let you oc too high while doing 1:1 .

am using darklords msi neo2 though and its really good so far . you may want to check that out.

Sonnenkinder said:

Rashi Peripherals is one of the official distributors of Asus and they do some minor repairs here. Their repair costs are HUGE too.

Alternately, u cud get in touch with our FOrum hardware guru - Deejay and he might be able to help you out in diagonising whats wrong and perhaps lead you to a proper solution too.

I say stay away from the VIA chipsets...atleast for a while...they always seem to have some bug.For example my bro n me have the same mobo Asus K8V but with WinXP SP 2 installed the onboard LAN wont work my bros pc...but works flawlessly on my pc!!

There is not much of a diff in terms of performance between the VIA n NForce4 chipsets...for that matter even SIS is on par.But with NForce4 you'll get more features!

Sonnenkinder said:

Well if you have burnt a resistor then i think it can be easily repaired but if the tracks are burnt then i guess i cant say for sure whether it can be repaired.

Which motherboard is better for 939 agp in terms of :
Performance sepecially in games,overall also
Stability
Overclocking
Life

Gigabyte GA-K8NS-939 or Asus A8V delux

give costs of both.

Taking into consideration your choices,Gigabyte is a better choice i guess.

Darklord said:
Well if you have burnt a resistor then i think it can be easily repaired but if the tracks are burnt then i guess i cant say for sure whether it can be repaired.

I think part of a track is burnt. A little part of those golden lines have peeled off. I can post a pic if you want to have a look yourself. I need your advice badly. And thanks for helping me out.

Sonnenkinder said:
I think part of a track is burnt. A little part of those golden lines have peeled off. I can post a pic if you want to have a look yourself. I need your advice badly. And thanks for helping me out.

If possible please upload the picture here.If a major portion of the tracks has peeled off,then i am afraid it might be beyond repair.

Lets see

But i still think tht A8v wud be a better choice if u cud makedo without hardcore ocing...cos after Intel i think asus probably has the best after sales service in india moreover 2 of my friends have the mobo and they r quiet happy wid its stock performance.
Talkin about Asus,i myself own a P4p800Delux and i can stick my neck out n swear tht its one of the stabler & better made mobos..way better than Intel's humdrum versions...
Way to go Asus!! :clap:

Back