Video Getting True Surround for LED TV with no Optical Out

quartzap

Disciple
got Panasonic L39EM6D Full HD LED recently...since this model does not have an optical out port for audio (only 2 channel stereo out as per specifications); the only way i can get true surround from HD channels is by hooking up the audio out from HD STB directly to an AVR / home theatre setup which takes optical audio in AND THERE IS NO WAY to get true surround from HD movies played via USB plugged directly to the TV.. i hv collected this by reading quite a bit on forums.. am i missing anything here ..or is there any way out to get surround for content played via USB plugges to the TV ? i know the option of plugging the USB to the Blueray player/ AVR always exists.. but I am a bit constrained by budget right now .. so looking for cheaper solutions.. :)

the cheapest decent HTB with optical audio in I could find is the Philips HTS2512 going for around 7k online.

any relevant info/help will be highly appreciated !

thanks...
http://www.ebay.in/itm/Philips-HTS2..._203&hash=item2330e1f730&_uhb=1#ht_4090wt_906[DOUBLEPOST=1382250630][/DOUBLEPOST]bump..

Last edited:
You need to buy a HD media player for usb movies or connect your pc or laptop directly to the AVR . If i were you i wouldnt get the above mentioned Philips HTS2512 for surround effects .

Back