Get METRO 2033 for free*

got the key too guys F****-******-*****
Never played on steam so i am a complete noob :ashamed:....so it can be used to install metro 2033 only? :23:
and it can be played online? what would be the prerequisites? please let me know :hail:

got the key too guys F****-******-*****
Never played on steam so i am a complete noob :ashamed:....so it can be used to install metro 2033 only? :23:
and it can be played online? what would be the prerequisites? please let me know :hail:

Swampy you would have to install the STEAM Client and register yourself (STEAM account).

The provided code is only valid for a copy of METRO 2033 that can be redeemed only on STEAM.

For you to play the game, your RIG must meet the minimum requirements for the game itself as well as you need to have an internet connection (to register and download the game). Once the game is installed, you can switch STEAM to Offline mode and continue playing the game at your leisure.

Hope this allays your fear, Cheerio!

thank for help but it is swapyworld dude
actually i downloaded metro2033.exe from fb page which is merely 80 mb.
where to download steam client and register it and is it free? i doubt that so in order to play game i have to buy an account in STEAM too?
i

thank for help but it is swapyworld dude
actually i downloaded metro2033.exe from fb page which is merely 80 mb.
where to download steam client and register it and is it free? i doubt that so in order to play game i have to buy an account in STEAM too?

Sorry for mispronouncing it. =[

No you need not buy an account on STEAM, it is free to register. Create your account and then redeem the code directly on STEAM (if you need help, bump this up).

The 70MB download is a launcher for initiating STEAM on the target system, so you need not download it per-say. Cheers!

Thanks bro. So, either the 70 MB exe can be used to download the game or the code can be redeemed in steam right?

Right you are nVidia, if you have a STEAM account already direct code redemption is possible.

Is there anyone else who is finding this game too scary :scared14: ? The ammo is always too little. And the monsters are always going braaaahhhhhh :ashamed::southpark:

Is there anyone else who is finding this game too scary :scared14: ? The ammo is always too little. And the monsters are always going braaaahhhhhh :ashamed::southpark:

Have you played S.T.A.L.K.E.R. OR is this is your first Eastern Europe-based studio experience?

This is not a cheap, gimmicky, multi-player addled mindless shooter affair, sometimes it is better if you refrain shooting OR take them out more discretely (knife-kills).

Take care and watch your step. This is Atmos-FEAR.

Have you played S.T.A.L.K.E.R. OR is this is your first Eastern Europe-based studio experience?

This is not a cheap, gimmicky, multi-player addled mindless shooter affair, sometimes it is better if you refrain shooting OR take them out more discretely (knife-kills).

I played the first STALKER. It was similar to this in feel. I spent a lot of time on that game but couldn't finish it. But I am finding this scarier than STALKER.

I played the first STALKER. It was similar to this in feel. I spent a lot of time on that game but couldn't finish it. But I am finding this scarier than STALKER.

Yeah! This is the offshoot of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. development team at GSC Game World, they quit their jobs and wrote a completely new engine and narrative for the same.

ThQ sponsored and published both the games but GSC shifted to Deep Silver and later to Bit Composer Games for their publishing.

If you think this is scarier than S.T.A.L.K.E.R. it is your call but the problem is this game lacks an effective gun-play system, they lack recoil and shot grouping system compared to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and unlike the latter the medical system is also more lenient. Both games though are excellent examples of what a taut narrative can offer in an FPS frame.

Try to finish S.T.A.L.K.E.R. you will reach certain places which are equally OR more disturbing in nature than this game.

Try to finish S.T.A.L.K.E.R. you will reach certain places which are equally OR more disturbing in nature than this game.
Actually I did reach a place like that right before I quit playing it further. It was a Monster which didn't let me move or slowed me down. But that game was just HUGE. I had spent so much time on it and it just wouldn't end. I was really into it then, collecting all the stuff in the back pack and using it. I also remember I had applied some modifications to the game which introduced the locked Vehicles. Even with vehicles, it was tiring to go from one place to another.

ALPHA17 You seem to know a lot about games.. :) and horror fps, never played any titles till date.. long back I tried half life 2 and after 3-4 hrs in game my head was aching like anythin..just a casual question, what actually drives someone to play something like this? long long back(when I was not even having computer at home, maybe 2004-05) I went to an exhibition and they were giving demo of doom 3, the setup was rigged with a philips 5.1 speaker system(that was the first time I saw a 5.1 system) So someone was playing it and even by looking at it for 20 mins I felt I was alone in that hall..:ashamed: and that to the guy threw a grenade of some sort in game, which use to make tick tick reverse clock sound. Man what sound was that. Meh why am I blabbering. :/

now coming to topic, few questions here, it will be great if you can spare some time to answer them, 1st I have a 6G capped connx which turns to 512kbps after that, is that speed enough to use steam? 2. since games are so big to download, is there a way I can tell my frnd to download them for me and then copy/install in my machine and use steam in some way to autorize the download?

Sorry if the questions are trivial :) thanks.

now coming to topic, few questions here, it will be great if you can spare some time to answer them, 1st I have a 6G capped connx which turns to 512kbps after that, is that speed enough to use steam? 2. since games are so big to download, is there a way I can tell my frnd to download them for me and then copy/install in my machine and use steam in some way to autorize the download?

512KBPS is quite enough for steam. Yes your friend can download it for you. First of all, start downloading metro 2033 on your computer. After it has downloaded for 5-10 minutes, quit steam. Copy the game files from the "/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/metro 2033" of your friend to the "/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/metro 2033" of your computer. Do this while your steam client IS NOT running. Then start steam of your computer. It will just update some files and the game will be ready to play in no time.

OMG [h=3]STALKER: Call of Pripyat[/h]
DX11 and all options maxed out. Night time. Rain. Lightning. Boooooo

SHIT SCARY!

I am not a savant on the topic but thanks for the kind words. In-fact just as much as I play so called 'horror' titles I hate such stories and movies / films.

STEAM is not bothered about your connection speed except when you try to download something. STEAM is a free service, like facebook.

You can theoretically torrent the game in question place it in your STEAMAPPS folder (excluding 'crack' and .exe) and run STEAM, the client will update the game files and let you access the game.

Just note that the account where the code is redeemed is which allows you to access the game.

Hope this helps, Cheers!

@baccilus @ALPHA17 Thanks guys it cleared up a lot of things super quickly! appreciate it! :) I was not living under a rock but dint know much about steam as such before today. :) you know how it works and all. So basically its a drm kind of environment wherein you can download games and play as usual after authentication with steam.

Last edited by a moderator:
Final bump, get your free codes today. This is the final day of the 'free' endorsement. Cheers!

And thanks to all for the response on this thread.

Back