Gas Leakage Resistant 1.5 Ton Split AC

Window AC would be a long term solution.
Nope, same issue. The story I told above is all about Window ACs only unless split was mentioned for any specifically.
Action Clear Rust Proofing Coating Spray Rust for All Metals for Cabinets, Coils & P.C Boards https://amzn.eu/d/cW2sJNQ
WTF is that cost? The one I linked I've bought for under 450 INR, unfortunately OOS right now but I've bought that for last 2 years twice.
Better to get it from local market then or just ask the AC guy to do it.

are you in Delhi NCR ?
Yes
Need to get coils either repaired or changed every damn year, costing 11k to 16k in repairs for 2 window ACs yearly.
Pain in the ass.
I'm fed up of the gas leakages too. The only solution I can think of is, buying the cheapest Voltas ( or whichever brand you like) Inverter AC according to my needs and get a 4 year extended warranty from Onsitego costing around 8.3k and live tension free for 5 years. Then purchase a new AC after 5 years.
The life expectancy of ACs in Delhi NCR is around 5 years in general.
Survived on ceiling fan alone as that area was not suited at all for AC.
Gotta admire you courage. Surviving in Delhi with just a ceiling fan. Not even a cooler?
Window AC would be a long term solution.
Would like to know how.
@MadAxe I forgot to mention, I coated my LG AC with this one after getting it Installed.
Action Clear Rust Proofing Coating Spray Rust for All Metals for Cabinets, Coils & P.C Boards https://amzn.eu/d/cW2sJNQ
Is it really worth 5.5k or the one @enthusiast29 linked costing 450 INR would suffice?

It depends. I was really frustrated when I had to sell off my barely used Hitachi split for peanuts because rain, salt water and corrosion thought otherwise.

It depends on a case by case basis. I didn't want any corrosion both indoors and outdoors and I was willing to pay that price. You can see from the YT video that it's safe to be used on the fins and copper pipes.
I believe that if taken proper, AC's can last for 10+ years under normal conditions. One of the problems is poor installation for short life.
I think what @enthusiast29 mentioned should also work. If you can get it done from outside, the better since they have professional gears and equipments.

I have two LG IntelloAir 1.5 Ton window ACs which were bought in 2007, and they're still running strong! 16+ years. Gas has never been refilled. Just regular servicing for 500, twice in a year. They consume electricity like a ****ing nuclear reactor, though :dead:

So yes, surrounding areas make a huge difference when it comes to the life of your unit. I live in a high rise, with no open drain or canal nearby.

Part of it can be said that due to lack norms and inaction on the part of the corporation, industries these gases, fumes are let out in the open. If these gases were either diluted or inactivated, these problems could be mitigated to a very large extent.

I have two LG IntelloAir 1.5 Ton window ACs which were bought in 2007, and they're still running strong! 16+ years. Gas has never been refilled. Just regular servicing for 500, twice in a year. They consume electricity like a ****ing nuclear reactor, though :dead:

So yes, surrounding areas make a huge difference when it comes to the life of your unit. I live in a high rise, with no open drain or canal nearby.

Yes. We had a Whirlpool window AC, nearly 11 years old, running without issues(no gas refills etc) before we moved to Noida. Within a year, the pipes gave away and had to be replaced. Eventually had to sell the AC and buy a new one, which needs repair or coil change every year.
In fact my LG's coils were repaired in April, and have stopped cooling just a few days back. Have to get them changed now.

Back