Gaming Rig for 55k

DirtDiver

Disciple
:new:
Hey everybody, yesterday i visited the 'nehru place/lamington road equivalent' area of hyderabad called ctc. I got some quotes for my upcoming i5 2500k build. I was positively surprised to find that the prices quoted were much lower than what i read on this forum and online stores. :huh:

Component | Make | Price | Comments Processor |i5 2500k|10200| On this forum( and another) + online stores this is quoted 11.5k+. How cum i hav such a low quote from 5-6 shops ??:huh:
Motherboard |MSI P67A-GD55|9900|
Gfx Card |Palit Sonic Platinum GTX570|19500| Now im not sure if this price is for the sonic platinum edition or the reference one . Although i repeatedly asked at different shops..but all assured me its sonic platinum's price.(I think they were just saying it) I doubt this is platinum, as platinum one should be expensive. (At itdepot.com its for 22k)
RAM |Corsair XMS 4Gb single module|2550| Ill add another 4Gb later for duel channel
PSU |Corsair 650TX|5770| From primeabgb. (Will power this config with 5 HDDs. I checked with power supply calculators.)
Case |CM 690 II Advanced-With window|5855|
| Total |53775

I went to 5-6 'big' shops there and these were the lowest quotes from shweta computers. Other quotes were also just +-100-200 on every item.

So do u think the prices are ok?
Cos they seem a little low to me..and may be they are quoting me prices of other components like 10200 for processor looks like they are quoting i5 2400. Similarly for graphics card, i think they are quoting reference design GTX570 and not the one im looking for. Similarly for the case..
:huh:
So am i crazy, or they are? :huh:
Thank you for helping me.. :)

I went to CTC last week looking for i5 2500. I was quoted 10K everywhere but when I wanted to purchase it, it was "out of stock". Same thing was with H67 motherboards.
At one shop, they even took money which was later returned saying that he cannot arrange the processor. i5 2500K was quoted at 10.9K but I was not interested in that.
Had to come back empty handed :(

10.9k for i5 2500k is pretty good price... you should have bought it... In some cities i5 2500 is selling for 10.3 to 10.7k

dude which shop quoted 10.2k for 2500k. PL quoted 15k for 2500k and asus h67 mobo. try there man. and where is 570gtx available for 19.7k? Shweta doesn't have in stock.. then where else?

DarkAngel said:
There are two versions of 2500.
One is i5 2500 and i5 2500 K. K stands for unlocked multiplier and is overclockable.
i5 2500 costs ~10k-10.5k
i5 2500K costs ~11.3k-11.8k

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

http://www.techenclave.com/pc-peripherals/price-updates-chenoy-trade-centre-parklane-137834-11.html

Ya i know there are 2 versions, one locked and other unlocked. Every shop i went i asked quotes for both. There is just 500-600 difference between em. I started this thread because every online forum/online shop quotes i5-2500k @11.5k at least..but im getting it at 10.2k. So i wanted to know if its the real deal.

ajajoo said:
I went to CTC last week looking for i5 2500. I was quoted 10K everywhere but when I wanted to purchase it, it was "out of stock". Same thing was with H67 motherboards.
At one shop, they even took money which was later returned saying that he cannot arrange the processor. i5 2500K was quoted at 10.9K but I was not interested in that.
Had to come back empty handed :(
Now that sucks! I hope that doesnt happen to me. I plan to go for the final purchase in next 2 weeks.

Hades. said:
10.9k for i5 2500k is pretty good price... you should have bought it... In some cities i5 2500 is selling for 10.3 to 10.7k

Not 10.9k. I got the lowest quote for 10.2 as written in the first post.

mrcool63 said:
dude which shop quoted 10.2k for 2500k. PL quoted 15k for 2500k and asus h67 mobo. try there man. and where is 570gtx available for 19.7k? Shweta doesn't have in stock.. then where else?

I dont wanna go for H67 as i plan to overclock the cpu.(Possible with i5-2500k + P67 based board.) Shweta computers quoted me 10.2 for i5-2500 and 9.7 for i5-2500.
GTX570 @19-20k is available at almost every big shop there. Also i wanted to know what all big shops are there besides shweta computer bazaar, shweta infotech(basement), computer collections, computer bazar. Which shop were u talkin about?

DirtDiver said:
Ya i know there are 2 versions, one locked and other unlocked. Every shop i went i asked quotes for both. There is just 500-600 difference between em. I started this thread because every online forum/online shop quotes i5-2500k @11.5k at least..but im getting it at 10.2k. So i wanted to know if its the real deal.
Not 10.9k. I got the lowest quote for 10.2 as written in the first post.

I dont wanna go for H67 as i plan to overclock the cpu.(Possible with i5-2500k + P67 based board.) Shweta computers quoted me 10.2 for i5-2500 and 9.7 for i5-2500.

GTX570 @19-20k is available at almost every big shop there. Also i wanted to know what all big shops are there besides shweta computer bazaar, shweta infotech(basement), computer collections, computer bazar. Which shop were u talkin about?
Prices quoted on forums are VAT inclusive on most occasions.

Shweta might have quoted VAT exclusive price which with 5%VAT is ~10.71k. Even then the pricing is good as it sells for ~11k in most places.:) Just make sure you get a VAT paid bill with the product serial no. And also check for the importer's/distributers sticker just to make sure its not a parallel import.

But AFAIK Shweta is a reputed dealer in CTC.

DarkAngel said:
Prices quoted on forums are VAT inclusive on most occasions.

Shweta might have quoted VAT exclusive price which with 5%VAT is ~10.71k. Even then the pricing is good as it sells for ~11k in most places.:) Just make sure you get a VAT paid bill with the product serial no. And also check for the importer's/distributers sticker just to make sure its not a parallel import.

But AFAIK Shweta is a reputed dealer in CTC.

I made sure that every shop i visit gave me written quotes and wrote tax inclusive in the paper. I will be mighty pissed if they dont stick to the quotations.

dude try pl computers. its at the end on the road straight down from koppal. he has good stuff also. also try bhumika and tell him u r from this forum. he will give u better prices. shweta is not best eveytime.

mrcool63 said:
dude try pl computers. its at the end on the road straight down from koppal. he has good stuff also. also try bhumika and tell him u r from this forum. he will give u better prices. shweta is not best eveytime.
Where is bhumika? And what is pl computers? Please point me to the address and complete names of these shops.

I was actually surpreised to see that there are hardly any 'big shops'(capable of catering to high end configs) in ctc. I just found 5-6 big enpugh shops and took quotes from them. In my previes reply to u, i mentioned the shops i went to.

Thanks for the reply man..

bhumika is underground. go straight from shweta and turn left and then right. first shop on the right is bhumika. it looks small but he offered me prices upto 400rs less than shweta when i told him i am from TE. and i have got good service from him. He is the distributor for Lian-Li.

PL computers u have to go straight from shweta on the first floor(not the underground one).keep going straight and u will see PL computers in front of u at the T-junction.

Dude dont go on size of the shop. shweta did not have a nzxt Gamma case and he kept pestering me to buy coolermaster 430 elite. found it in bhumika.

mrcool63 said:
bhumika is underground. go straight from shweta and turn left and then right. first shop on the right is bhumika. it looks small but he offered me prices upto 400rs less than shweta when i told him i am from TE. and i have got good service from him. He is the distributor for Lian-Li.

PL computers u have to go straight from shweta on the first floor(not the underground one).keep going straight and u will see PL computers in front of u at the T-junction.

Dude dont go on size of the shop. shweta did not have a nzxt Gamma case and he kept pestering me to buy coolermaster 430 elite. found it in bhumika.

Thank you man for explaining in detail. Ill check em out when i go there next..

Back