Budget 51-70k Gaming PC

OP, I'm seeing lots of used 3070s at 20k on OLX and FB marketplace, even in this forum's classifieds section. 3060s go for 15k. That 5k extra makes a massive difference.

so after reading the advice given, i feel like a used rtx 3060 ti should be my go to card since its good in performance and fits the budget. what would be an alternative IF i cannot find a used rtx 3060 ti? will a 12 gb 3060 card be good enough?

There are groups like this & many more. Do due diligence before purchasing used, if possible try for local.

I have used 6700XT under 20k, but rare. I will prefer a 6700XT over 3070/3070Ti as well because of extra VRAM (I own a 3070 & 8GB VRAM will become more of a problem in the future). Used 3060Ti are common, saw a Zotoc 3060Ti with almost 3 year warranty left for 19.5k on some group.

The 5800x3d is objectively a bad buy at 33-35k INR when the 7800x3d exists at 38k-inr for much higher performance for just 3-5k more. I cannot in good faith suggest plonking an badly priced cpu like that on a budget build.
You need to consider the total cost, not just CPU. 5800x3D can run on a cheap B550 board + uses cheap DDR4 RAM.

7800x3D will need a more expensive AM5 board + more expensive DDR5 as well, which will increase the cost. A lot more than just 3-5k.

OP's budget is 60k and he mentions the limit to be very strict, highly doubt even a 5800x3d with a gtx 1660 or lower could catch up to a 5600/12400f with a 3060 Ti/6700XT. Unless he snags a good second hand deal on 5800x3d as well, I can't see him extending budget for 22k more at which point again - spend 3k more for the 7800x3d.
As someone who has a 12400 AND plays MSFS, I know exactly what I'm talking about. MSFS is probably THE most CPU intensive game out there. So please do some research instead of making baseless claims. FYI, the 5800x3D can get more fps here than a 13900k. The 3D cache performs insanely well when it comes to simulation type games.

Are you talking about stock or OC?
With OC/XMP.

DDR5 is still not stable with XMP on all 4 sticks but not the case with DDR4 as mentioned earlier. I will like to keep the headroom for RAM upgrade if I need with 2x16GB, rather than buying 4x8GB (although I doubt 32GB will start to feel low anytime soon as I have rarely seen RAM usage beyond 24GB).

Are you talking about stock or OC?
OC, or more commonly known as XMP. 32GB can still fit in 4 slots, so going with 2x16GB or 4x8GB is based entirely on budget constraints. 2x16GB is a one time investment, whereas 2x8GB + 2x8GB allows for upgrade over time. DDR5 is still in its early stages, so 2 slots only is the best option now for stability.

7800x3D will need a more expensive AM5 board + more expensive DDR5 as well, which will increase the cost. A lot more than just 3-5k.
Yes but getting a 7600/7600x will be cheaper, and offer an upgrade path while offering ~85% of the perf in msfs at ~85% of the price and matching or outclassing the 5800x3d in most other games. Now unless the op wants to play literally nothing with his PC except MSFS, I don't see why spending so much on a dead platform is a valid option.

So please do some research instead of making baseless claims.
OP is on a strict budget, no one said the 5800x3d performs worse than a 1400KS++ Extreme Overclock Pro Max Ultra. It's still an objectively bad purchase today IN MY OPINION.

Last edited by a moderator:
The conditions for my suggestions were posted in my very first reply, based on OP's leaning towards simulations.
If you play MSFS a lot, save up and get the 5800x3D.
Now unless the op wants to play literally nothing with his PC except MSFS, I don't see why spending so much on a dead platform is a valid option.

OP is free to build according to his budget and game choices, I just wanted him to know his options to make an informed decision, that's all.

Saying 7600 is better than 5800x3D for his particular usage :

MSFS 1080.png

Stop pulling random 85% figures out of thin air. So what if 5800x3D is a dead end? It will out last the 7600, and there will be no need to upgrade for a few years, and more importantly cheaper than AM5. 7800x3D is only 7% better than 58x3d. You'll see greater performance gain by spending on CPU & GPU, rather than mobo & RAM. Hope this helps you understand

The 85% figure is from 2 videos both running a 7600x and a 5800x3d with a 3060 Ti. The figures you posted are from a 4090. Do you really think the cpu performace scales exactly across 2 gpus of such vast power difference?

The 85% figure is from 2 videos both running a 7600x and a 5800x3d with a 3060 Ti. The figures you posted are from a 4090. Do you really think the cpu performace scales exactly across 2 gpus of such vast power difference?
Now apply the same logic to non performance parts like more expensive mobo & RAM, and you will disprove yourself. You will reiterate "future upgrade" argument, but that only means you don't get the performance your money is worth right now, until you spend even more money on atleast a 7800x3d, years in the future. Your argument is flawed simply because AM5 has a higher entrance fee, disproportional to its performance uplift

5x3D = 33 + 8 (mobo) + 4.5 (32GB DDR4) = 45.5k
7600X = 21 + 15.5 (mobo) + 9 (32GB DDR5) = 45.5k

The 5x3d will decimate anything short of 7800x3d. There's simply no reason to opt for the less powerful build

I'm sure you'll agree with none of this, and only seek to drag out this argument further for time pass, so will be ignoring you. Good day

Now apply the same logic to non performance parts like more expensive mobo & RAM, and you will disprove yourself. You will reiterate "future upgrade" argument, but that only means you don't get the performance your money is worth right now, until you spend even more money on atleast a 7800x3d, years in the future. Your argument is flawed simply because AM5 has a higher entrance fee, disproportional to its performance uplift

5x3D = 33 + 8 (mobo) + 4.5 (32GB DDR4) = 45.5k
7600X = 21 + 15.5 (mobo) + 9 (32GB DDR5) = 45.5k

The 5x3d will decimate anything short of 7800x3d. There's simply no reason to opt for the less powerful build

I'm sure you'll agree with none of this, and only seek to drag out this argument further for time pass, so will be ignoring you. Good day
First of all OP's budget doesn't allow either, R5 5600 + used 6700XT/3060Ti will be the best bet.

Now coming to 5800X3D vs R5 7600, surely there are games like MS FS & RDR2 that give a huge advantage to 5800X3D over R5 7600, but looking over most games, gaming performance is similar for both. Also with time, newer games are optimised with newer CPUs in mind usually, so the DDR5 RAM will make more of a difference in the future.

Do not forget the potential upgrade to something like R7 9800X3D after 3 years w/o changing mobo or RAM. So, for a new build 5800X3D is still a tough sell. Check Hardware Unboxed & Gamers Nexus videos, if you want, even they no longer recommend 5800X3D for an entirely new build.

1700031371257.png

1700031668526.png

1700031587060.png

@OMEGA44-XT if you look at my post history you'll notice me advising people often against getting x3D, that they're probably better off buying another CPU

But OP here is in the rare category to actually put that cache to good use - it's almost like it was developed with flight sims in mind. Even if you consider future upgradeability, by the time 5800x3d becomes a bottleneck, AM6 would have arrived

5800x3D = awesome performance RIGHT NOW. Will last way longer than 7600

7600 = awesome performance 3 years from now, even though you're spending the same money. And you have to spend more to buy 9800x3d

DDR5 price would have dropped by then, so better to upgrade in the far future rather than now since it is overpriced. Every platform is a dead end if you hold on to parts until they become obsolete. Also, after 3 years, you will be wondering "Why should I buy 9800x3d and spend so much on a dead platform, when AM6 is available?", because that's precisely what you are doing now.

Last edited:
Also, after 3 years, you will be wondering "Why should I buy 9800x3d and spend so much on a dead platform, when AM6 is available?", because that's precisely what you are doing now.
As I said earlier, performance is similar across majority of games except a few outliers.

Also, upgrading CPU to 9800X3D will be cheaper than buying a whole new platform. I know people who jumped from R5 1600/2600 to 5600/5800X, that was a major jump in gaming performance. Even right now for someone with an AM4 platform, it will be cheaper to upgrade to 5800X3D than buying R5 7600 + mobo + RAM.

A friend of mine bought 3700X + 2070S rig 3 years back with 2x8GB 3600MHz CL18 RAM. So today if he needs to upgrade, just buy 5800X3D to upgrade his GPU to even 4090 if he wants for 1440p gaming. So 30k or so for CPU vs 45k for R5 7600 + mobo + RAM.

finding good deals in the used market is about being in the right place at the right time dawg, can't guarantee anything but be on the lookout. I want to upgrade to a 4070 Ti sometime next year from my rusty 1050 ti laptop, will stick to used market as even saving 10-15k is a good deal and I'm not in a hurry. I can't say how much you are willing to lie in wait for a good deal like me.
so quick update, i was looking at olx, quikr, facebook marketplace and other stores and they are actually selling used 3060 ti for 19k
i checked for the rx 6700 xt as well and didnt find much luck there but did find some rx 6600 xt for around 15-17k
ill still keep looking though because im planning to start getting the parts etc from dec-jan

so quick update, i was looking at olx, quikr, facebook marketplace and other stores and they are actually selling used 3060 ti for 19k
i checked for the rx 6700 xt as well and didnt find much luck there but did find some rx 6600 xt for around 15-17k
ill still keep looking though because im planning to start getting the parts etc from dec-jan
Try to make sure you have everything at once, easier testing. Sadly if you buy a PC without iGPU, you can't boot it, so tough to time everything together. See how you can plan it.

you will need atleast 6700xt or 3070(8gb not good) to play on high/ultra 1080p on the sim games, especially flight simulator.

assuming you have monitor, keyboard, mouse, ups
here's a 60k budget build with 3060, increase your budget by 5-6k and get a 6700( https://mdcomputers.in/sapphire-radeon-rx-6700-oc-10gb-11321-03-20g.html )or used 3070 under 30k

I have seen people taking up gaming motherboards. Does it make an difference having an normal budget motherboard or a little priced gaming motherboard. Does it affect the performance?

I have seen people taking up gaming motherboards. Does it make an difference having an normal budget motherboard or a little priced gaming motherboard. Does it affect the performance?
2 things: you can upgrade to higher end RAM, CPU down the line and you can sell it for good prices later. Also these motherboards are well built with good components.

Yes, VRMs are the hidden stuff that you don't see. Features of mobo vary as well within the same chipset, like different number of RAM slots, M.2 slots, other internal ports like type C header, etc.

For VRM, see how the same CPU in different mobo results in inferior performance than what it can achieve:
mobo VRM B660 i7 12700.png

This depends on cpu too. Just getting an overkill 'gaming' motherboard will likely not help if a cheaper one has good enough VRM for that cpu.

For a chip like 7600/7800x3d for example, we dont need top end VRMs. I bought B650m ds3h for 7800x3d and it does great, VRM max temps are in 50s i think.
Highly doubt that expensive motherboards will have any significant difference in cpu performance. What you can get are extra features and then you gotta see if you need them.

But using a motherboard that does not have enough VRM to deal with a cpu will cause issues.
So, a power hogging cpu like say 13900k is a different matter and you will need appropriate motherboard ( and cooling) for it.

Best to search for this for target cpu, and look at VRM charts like linked in above post.
Also search for potential issues, ASUS for example seems to have done not great a job with many B650 motherboards with inferior VRMs for the price and also stability issues i think.

Back