Budget 31-40k Gaming PC from ground

The DVI to VGA converter is a manufacturer accessory. Some cards might have it, some might not. You need to check the manufacturer page for whatever card you're buying and see if they're including the converter. I suppose you could always buy one yourself if its not included.

Performance won't be affected. Image quality will obviously take a dip with analog VGA.

I checked hd 7770 manufactured by saphire ans asus page on fk. On sapphire , box content is listed just as graphic card and mannual.
But on asus, box content is '' DVI to D-Sub Adaptor, 1 x CrossFire cable '' so is dvi to d-sub adaptor same as dvi to vga converter.

http://www.flipkart.com/asus-amd-ati-hd-7770-direct-cu-1-gb-gddr5-graphics-card/p/itmd7hzcvvpxnhfg
So is asus good in gfx card or should i buy a sapphire and buy converter from where else?
And should i opt for 1 gb or 2gb hd 7770 ?

Can someone help me on above query?

Also, I visited Nehru palace today and enquired on shops about these product and got to know that NZXT gamma, Seasonic S12II(430W) and GSkill RipjawsX 4GBx1 1600mhz are not available. So you guys please tell me alternate for these in same range.

The D-sub connector Asus is referring to is the VGA connector. The regular Sapphire card on flipkart also mentions that there's a DVI to VGA adapter included (scroll down to connectivity). 1GB should be enough for the 7770.

No alternatives for the Seasonic S12II at that price range. Pick it up online. @topgear mentioned the Kingston HyperX Blu 1600MHz, you can check that out. Cabinets - check what options your dealer has.

Last edited by a moderator:
The D-sub connector Asus is referring to is the VGA connector. The regular Sapphire card on flipkart also mentions that there's a DVI to VGA adapter included (scroll down to connectivity). 1GB should be enough for the 7770.

No alternatives for the Seasonic S12II at that price range. Pick it up online. @topgear mentioned the Kingston HyperX Blu 1600MHz, you can check that out. Cabinets - check what options your dealer has.

Thank you agaion for a quick reply.
So since both are providing converter, which one should i prefer according to you asus or sapphire? should i get one which is cheaper or i should be leaned toward one may be because of build factor, reviews or A.S.S.?

I will check other shops for Seasonic S12II but again wanna confirm will 430W be sufficient for my rig? I am again asking because saw some people on tdf, tomshadware recommending 520W for almost similar config.

And about ram should i opt for Corsair value/Vengeance (whcih one?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Pick whichever one is cheaper, doubt there's much difference. The Asus DirectCU cooling should be better, you need to decide if you want to spend the extra money for it.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5541/amd-radeon-hd-7750-radeon-hd-7770-ghz-edition-review/23 : Total power consumption with a 7770 + Sandybridge-E proc touches 250W at max. You can check GPUReview for power draw of a GPU; your 7770 power draw is rated at 80W. Throw in another 90W for the i5 CPU and a generous 100W for the rest of the system - HDDs, Fans, Motherboard, and thats 270W at most. A 430W should easily be able to handle it.

Pick whichever one is cheaper, doubt there's much difference. The Asus DirectCU cooling should be better, you need to decide if you want to spend the extra money for it.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5541/amd-radeon-hd-7750-radeon-hd-7770-ghz-edition-review/23 : Total power consumption with a 7770 + Sandybridge-E proc touches 250W at max. You can check GPUReview for power draw of a GPU; your 7770 power draw is rated at 80W. Throw in another 90W for the i5 CPU and a generous 100W for the rest of the system - HDDs, Fans, Motherboard, and thats 270W at most. A 430W should easily be able to handle it.

Okay so even if i go for 650 ti boost this seasonic 430W would be enough.. got it

Any idea about RAM?
should i opt for Corsair value/Vengeance (which one?)
[DOUBLEPOST=1374854837][/DOUBLEPOST]
Okay so even if i go for 650 ti boost this seasonic 430W would be enough.. got it

Any idea about RAM?

BUMP

should i opt for Corsair value/Vengeance (which one?)

Back