Budget 31-40k Gaming PC from ground

deepanshuchg

Disciple
Q. What is your budget?
Ans . aprox 37k

Q. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
Ans. N/A

Q. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
Ans. HCL 15inch monitor

Q.Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
Ans. CPU - Intel i5( 3rd generation or 4th generation(prefeble))
Motherboard - any compatible
GPU - Should be less than 9k
PSU - Best Power Supply Units
Ram- 4GB
HDD- 500 GB would work
Cabinet- NZXT gamma (?)

Q.Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
Ans. Yes, will upgrade the following within 2 years

Q. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Ans. Delhi, near nehru palace
Open to online purchase

Q. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
Ans. No

Q. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Ans. Gaming
Browsing
Desktop Processing
Coding in php(xamp), cpp, c
Watching HD movies

Q.Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
Ans. None

Q. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
Ans. All latest and some old titles
-- B3, crisis series, assasin creed series, COD series, cs go, cs source, brotherland, bioshock infinite, gta 4, gta 5

Q. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
Ans. Gaming - 1366 x 768
Desktop - 1366x768

Q. Are you looking to overclock?
Ans. No

Q. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Ans. Windows 7 64 bit or windows 8 64 bits (Don't have any atm)

@deepanshuchg mate, I will suggest you to go with this config.

MOB - Asus B85M-G - 6.1K
Processor - Haswell - i5-4430 - 12.6K
RAM - GSkill RipjawsX 4GBx1 1600mhz - 2.2K
PSU - Seasonic S12II 520W - 4.4K
GPU - Sapphire FLEX HD 7770 1GB - 9.2K OR Gigabyte GeForce GTX 550 Ti - 8.4K
Cabinet - NZXT Gamma MID TOWER Black - 2.4K
HDD - Western Digital Blue edition 500GB - 3K [Because WD RMA is awesome compare to seagate and other HDD's]

I'm sorry but it's exceed to 39.1K:nailbiting: , But it's a best config for your RIG.:happy::)

Last edited by a moderator:
No problem about those 2k. But it's going with haswell processor worth or shud I also consider ivy bridge? Since there is only 7-10%.improvement

No problem about those 2k. But it's going with haswell processor worth or shud I also consider ivy bridge? Since there is only 7-10%.improvement
Right, so people already having Ivy Bridge need not upgrade. But if you are getting a new system, better get Haswell. Think 3 years later if you need to upgrade CPU (or it gets fried) - you will have better choice in selecting from Haswell processors.

Intel has not yet promised that Broadwell processors will fit on Haswell motherboards, but it has not yet been denied either. So there is a chance that you might be able to upgrade to Broadwell too. No one knows how likely that is, but if it happens, it will extend the life of your PC significantly.

Also keep in mind that Ivy Bridge is not considerably cheaper than Haswell.

Intel has not yet promised that Broadwell processors will fit on Haswell motherboards
It has been confirmed : http://news.softpedia.com/newsImage...patible-with-2014-Broadwell-CPUs-Report-3.jpg. Since Broadwell is just a die shrink, it will be compatible.

Agreed that the price difference is not much. The Ivy bridge i5 3330 is only about 1k cheaper than the i5 4430. Unless you're getting a much better deal, 1k for the additional 7-10% improvement is worth it. You probably won't need to upgrade to Broadwell, since it will just be a minor performance increment, but atleast the option is there.

OP ...... just close your eyes & go for Haswell :angelic:, go ahead with the build that @Kakahi has suggested.

You may have to increase your RAM to at least 8GB to get some really good performance out of your system. Also you can delay adding the GPU. Check out performance of the built in iGPU HD4600 of the Haswell 4430 (you need 8GB RAM and then allocate the maximum possible RAM for iGPU).

Cheers
Terry

@deepanshuchg mate, I will suggest you to go with this config.

MOB - Asus B85M-G - 6.1K
GPU - Sapphire FLEX HD 7770 1GB - 9.2K OR Gigabyte GeForce GTX 550 Ti - 8.4K
Cabinet - NZXT Gamma MID TOWER Black - 2.4K
HDD - Western Digital Blue edition 500GB - 3K [Because WD RMA is awesome compare to seagate and other HDD's]

I'm sorry but it's exceed to 39.1K:nailbiting: , But it's a best config for your RIG.:happy::)

Sorry for not responding to the thread as i was out of station

I was looking at AMD configs so this caught my eyes:
FX 6300
Asus M5A97 EVO
G.Skill ripjawsX 4 GB
WD Blue 500 GB
Antec VP450P
Asus GTX650ti
NZXT Gamma

This would cost cheaper than the config you guys suggested but will get a better gpu than hd 7770
But:

> I haven't used a AMD processor till now so should i opt for it?
> I know this processor is not up to the level of i5-4430 but i think it should be able to run most application till 1-2 years till then may be i will learn how to overclock so may be it will perform a bit less as i5-4430 performs. Am i correct in this respect?
> I read somewhere that AMD performance degrade as time passes ie life of a AMD processor is less than Intel's. Is it true?

Antec VP450P
I'm guessing this VP450 mania originated on TDF. Anyway, for a discussion on why its not a good option : http://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/best-power-supply-units.148687/page-2#post-1847629 . Frankly at the entry level the only good option is the Seasonic S12II.

> I know this processor is not up to the level of i5-4430 but i think it should be able to run most application till 1-2 years till then may be i will learn how to overclock so may be it will perform a bit less as i5-4430 performs. Am i correct in this respect?
At stock speeds it would be closer to a dual core i3 (better though). No idea on the overclocking ability of FX 6300s, maybe you can check what FX 6300 owners are able to get out of it. But yeah assuming you pull out a decent overclock it could come to atleast ~80% of the i5's performance. Anyway since your priority is gaming, allocating a higher budget to the GPU would have more of an impact than getting an i5.

> I read somewhere that AMD performance degrade as time passes ie life of a AMD processor is less than Intel's. Is it true?

Hehe no, where did you read this :p

I'm guessing this VP450 mania originated on TDF. Anyway, for a discussion on why its not a good option : http://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/best-power-supply-units.148687/page-2#post-1847629 . Frankly at the entry level the only good option is the Seasonic S12II.

At stock speeds it would be closer to a dual core i3 (a bit better though). No idea on the overclocking ability of FX 6300s, maybe you can check what FX 6300 owners are able to get out of it. But yeah assuming you pull out a decent overclock it could come to atleast ~80% of the i5's performance. Anyway since your priority is gaming, allocating a higher budget to the GPU would have more of an impact than getting an i5.

Hehe no, where did you read this :p

I am thinking of going with the haswell itself

So if i goes with this config:
MOB - Asus B85M-G - 6.1K
GPU - Sapphire FLEX HD 7770 1GB - 9.2K (What does FLEX means here? Is this same as normal 7770 ? ) or GTX 650 ti boost
HDD- Western Digital Blue edition 500GB - 3K

Will Seasonic s12II 430W be enough for it even if i op Zotac 650 ti boost ? If not then will it be enough if i opt for HD7770 itself?

So the flex and normal version are different. Arent they?

Is it really worth for going with the flex edition against the normal version? There will be a difference of 2k between

Eyefinity is connecting up multiple monitors to make it one big screen. Like this:

DVI ports are the ports used to connect your monitor to your graphics card.

I wont need eyefinity ie for sure

And cant i connect the monitor to the mobo itself. like currenty i dont have any graphics card so cant i so the same when i get the new pc ? Is there any advantage of connecting it to graphic card?
I will be using a 15 inch hcl lcd monitor for a while and hen i will upgrade to dell 20 inch led monitor

You have to connect it to the graphics card. If you connect it to the motherboard you would be running off the onboard graphics. What ports does your HCL monitor have? If it only has a VGA port, the Sapphire says it comes bundled with a DVI to VGA adapter, so I guess it should work.

You said i will only need flex if i need to use dwi port. And i will have to connect monitor to gpu port. So how will be normal hd 7770 be used? If hd 7770 doesnt have a dwi port

hd 7770 comes with a dvi port. if u wanna connect it with ur old hcl 15" monitor, u must use a dvi to vga converter if ur monitor supports only vga input...

I said you need flex only if you are setting up eyefinity and need *3/Three* DVI ports (for 3 monitors). Normal versions have 2/Two DVI ports. Since you're using only 1 monitor and need only 1/One DVI port you are fine with anything. Did you even read the link to Sapphire's page :confused:

Back