Budget 0-20k Gaming PC for my 32" 720p HDTV

Hi Team ,
So I got my new Panasonic IPS LED HDTV (32" , 720p) and I was thinking to add a separate cabinet for gaming instead of my current Laptop-HDMI-TV .

Questions
What is your budget?
20K but can be extended
Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
CPU - Any
Motherboard - Any
GPU - Any
Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component .
Maybe I will get a bigger FULL HD TV in future (but mostly after I get bored of this TV , so not sure)
Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Bangalore , Online
Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
No
What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Gaming
Watching HD movies
Web Surfing (This Panasonic TV is crisp with no eye strain !!)
Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
No specific brand.
If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
Mostly FPS
What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
Gaming - 720p , dont have 1080p display
Desktop - 720p , dont have 1080p display
Are you looking to overclock?
No
Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 7 64 bit

20k is too low a budget for a gaming rig.

i3 3220 (7500)
Gigabyte B75M DH3 (4500)
Kingston HyperX Blu 1600 MHz 4 GB (2400)
WD Blue 500 GB (3200)
Antec VP450P (2600)
local cabinet without PSU (800)

total: 21000

If you are thinking to purchase the desktop exclusively for gaming, I strongly recommend to save some more cash and use your laptop till then.

20k is too low a budget for a gaming rig.

i3 3220 (7500)
Gigabyte B75M DH3 (4500)
Kingston HyperX Blu 1600 MHz 4 GB (2400)
WD Blue 500 GB (3200)
Antec VP450P (2600)

total: 21000

If you are thinking to purchase the desktop exclusively for gaming, I strongly recommend to save some more cash and use your laptop till then.

I dont have any budget constraints that much , thought 20k would suffice ?
Anyways , what would you recommend under 30k then ?

Well, anything below a GTX 660 will not be able to run games smoothly at 1080p. Considering the additional 10k added to the budget, you can get HD7790. But as you've mentioned that you have no budget constraint, I suppose you want the cheapest config capable of providing smooth gaming experience. For this I recommend adding 2k more and getting a Zotac GTX 650ti Boost 2 GB. However, it will be best if you could work out a real, max budget.

Your scenario seems perfect for the new AMD A8-7600 APU.
It consumes between 45w-65w, so will be cool and quiet, yet it's powerful enough to play modern games at 720p.
And best of all, you won't need a graphics card, and it'll fit in a nice htpc case.[DOUBLEPOST=1389804855][/DOUBLEPOST]It's not available yet, but if you can wait a couple of months, thats the way to go, IMO.

Well, anything below a GTX 660 will not be able to run games smoothly at 1080p. Considering the additional 10k added to the budget, you can get HD7790. But as you've mentioned that you have no budget constraint, I suppose you want the cheapest config capable of providing smooth gaming experience. For this I recommend adding 2k more and getting a Zotac GTX 650ti Boost 2 GB. However, it will be best if you could work out a real, max budget.

Yep , i think you got that right , cheapest config for smooth gaming :)
Considering If i invest in 650ti , what processor , psu , etc will be needed and the total cost ?

Yep , i think you got that right , cheapest config for smooth gaming :)
Considering If i invest in 650ti , what processor , psu , etc will be needed and the total cost ?

> Considering Ch@ts' reply about APU, if you can go with a discreet graphic card then APU can be safely ignored.

> You can go with either an i3, i5 or FX 6300. IMO, even an i3 will be able to provide decent gaming experience if coupled with a powerful graphic card but FX 6300 will be more future proof.

> you haven't mentioned anything about the parts you already own. Do you already have a keyboard and mouse?

i3 config:

i3 3220 (7500)
Gigabyte B75M DH3 (4500)
Kingston HyperX Blu 1600 Mhz GB (2400)
WD Blue 500 GB (3200)
Zotac GTX 650ti Boost 2 GB (12500)
Antec VP450P (2600)

total: 33,500

FX 6300 config:

FX 6300 (7600)
Gigabyte GA 970A DS3 (5000)
Kingston HyperX Blu 1600 Mhz GB (2400)
WD Blue 500 GB (3200)
Zotac GTX 650ti Boost 2 GB (12500)
Antec VP450P (2600)

total: 34,100

As there is only a minor price difference between the two configs, I will recommend the FX 6300 rig as FX 6300 is more powerful than i3 3220.

> Considering Ch@ts' reply about APU, if you can go with a discreet graphic card then APU can be safely ignored.

Yep , I already have a wireless Keyboard and mouse which i use with the HDTV when connected to laptop :) (also have G100 and razer goliathus :)

Looks like a cool and satisfying config wrt CPU , GFX and RAM .
About the motherboard , is it future proof for at least now ? I'm not aware in the motherboard section what recent developments have been done .

Yep , I already have a wireless Keyboard and mouse which i use with the HDTV when connected to laptop :) (also have G100 and razer goliathus :)

Looks like a cool and satisfying config wrt CPU , GFX and RAM .
About the motherboard , is it future proof for at least now ? I'm not aware in the motherboard section what recent developments have been done .

There's not really much in motherboard other than CPU socket that makes it future proof. There is no confirmation that AMD will release a new CPU with same socket.

Back