Budget 51-70k Gaming PC for 1440p 60 FPS gaming

I tot

Actually the difference is not the point but the price is. I told 11400f since you were on budget but if you really want to stretch then we are nobody to stop. BTW you have wrong price for GPU. That varient is selling for 37999 on vedantcomputers. Why to waste more? And remember, ALWAYS BUY RAM IN DUAL CHANNEL; NO MATTER WHAT PLATFORM YOU ARE. Example- 16gb= 8gb*2 stick. 32 gb=16gb*2stick.
Yeah, I know I can save a bit by going for 11th gen. I just feel the performance difference of 12th gen is worth it for me.

GPU prices are fluctuating. I think I took 41k from Mdcomputers.in or primeabgb.com, one of those. Eventually I'll buy from Lammington and only pay that day's price, so no worries about that.

As for RAM, I'll add a matched module later to make it 32 GB. That's why buying single module. Otherwise I'd have bought 2 sticks.

Yeah, I know I can save a bit by going for 11th gen. I just feel the performance difference of 12th gen is worth it for me.

GPU prices are fluctuating. I think I took 41k from Mdcomputers.in or primeabgb.com, one of those. Eventually I'll buy from Lammington and only pay that day's price, so no worries about that.

As for RAM, I'll add a matched module later to make it 32 GB. That's why buying single module. Otherwise I'd have bought 2 sticks.
16gb is enough for gaming for now. You can get 2 dimms of 8gb now and upgrade to 4 dimms of 8gb later. This will stop the performance bottlenecks from happening.The motherboard you're going to buy will have 4 dimm slots so there's no issues :)

If budget is a concern I recommend that you scourge the classified section and other fb buy/sell groups for used parts.
There were some parts which you required being sold here.
Some additions:
1. Buy RAM in dual-channel and get it at once. Don't buy 8GB now and 8GB later. Not going to be worth it and price difference shouldn't be much. Single ones cost more anyway. And stick to 3200MHz unless you can get the 3600MHz at the price of 3200MHz. Difference is negligible.
2. You may get a usable PSU in that 4k budget you specified but it may not be a very good one let alone 80+ Gold or Modular.
3. Dunno what to recommend for the CPU/GPU. Get the best bang for buck I guess. Again I recommend used parts. The Deepcool should be enough.
4. Don't let the PCI version get into your head. Latest ones are not ready for mainstream use.
5. Buy new good quality monitor. Used ones are very rare.

If budget is a concern I recommend that you scourge the classified section and other fb buy/sell groups for used parts.
There were some parts which you required being sold here.
Some additions:
1. Buy RAM in dual-channel and get it at once. Don't buy 8GB now and 8GB later. Not going to be worth it and price difference shouldn't be much. Single ones cost more anyway. And stick to 3200MHz unless you can get the 3600MHz at the price of 3200MHz. Difference is negligible.
2. You may get a usable PSU in that 4k budget you specified but it may not be a very good one let alone 80+ Gold or Modular.
3. Dunno what to recommend for the CPU/GPU. Get the best bang for buck I guess. Again I recommend used parts. The Deepcool should be enough.
4. Don't let the PCI version get into your head. Latest ones are not ready for mainstream use.
5. Buy new good quality monitor. Used ones are very rare.
I've been keeping an eye on the classifieds section. However, the reason I want to get new is because I haven't touched a PC on almost 10 years and am not confident enough to assemble it myself. If I but from Lammington, they'll assemble it for me.

Budget is a concern to the extent that I can spend if I had to, I just don't want to go beyond 80k for a gaming PC.

I'll probably eventually go for 2x16 GB RAM. Games don't need that now, but 2 years down the line they might. And if DDR5 is common by then, then I'll have to pay more for DDR4. So better to get it now. As for 3600 vs 3200, there's practically no difference in price.

I might get a gold certified PSU for 5-5.5k, modular won't happen, yes.

For CPU, I'll pick between 12400F and Ryzen 5 5600 depending on what motherboard I find and what's the final price. Both are good enough for me.

GPU, I've decided to go with 3060. I read some reviews and it seems to be better than 6600XT overall.

I already have a monitor, not buying currently.

You can buy all the parts and then take them to lamington road for assembly. Pay them some 500rs including all softwares installation. I don't know if the assembly+installation price will have increased but standard is 500rs.
If you buy the CPU+board+sad from a single buyer then that person can also do that for you. When I buy used hard disks I usually request the seller to put all kinds of media I want to avoid the hassle of downloading them myself.

You can buy all the parts and then take them to lamington road for assembly. Pay them some 500rs including all softwares installation. I don't know if the assembly+installation price will have increased but standard is 500rs.
If you buy the CPU+board+sad from a single buyer then that person can also do that for you. When I buy used hard disks I usually request the seller to put all kinds of media I want to avoid the hassle of downloading them myself.
Thanks, will keep that in mind.

Software installation is not an issue for me, I probably reinstall Windows/Linux once a month on an average at this point, including my various computers and VMs I keep trying.

Got the following quote from Infinity Gadgets at Lamington Road
ComponentPrice
Intel i5 12400F15,350
Gigabyte B660M DS3H AX13,150
Corsair Vengeance Lpx 2x8 GB5,900
PSU Deepcool PM650D7,450
WD SN570 1TB7,500
Deepcool mattrex 30 cabinet2,650
Zotac Geforce RTX3060 Twin Edge OC37,950
Total89,950

I think the CPU, motherboard, and PSU prices are slightly on the higher side. Rest everything seems fine, in line with online prices.

Got the following quote from Infinity Gadgets at Lamington Road
ComponentPrice
Intel i5 12400F15,350
Gigabyte B660M DS3H AX13,150
Corsair Vengeance Lpx 2x8 GB5,900
PSU Deepcool PM650D7,450
WD SN570 1TB7,500
Deepcool mattrex 30 cabinet2,650
Zotac Geforce RTX3060 Twin Edge OC37,950
Total89,950

I think the CPU, motherboard, and PSU prices are slightly on the higher side. Rest everything seems fine, in line with online prices.
Maybe buy those expensive parts online, primeabgb, vedant or md, etc. RAM freq? Should be 3600MHz at 6k, have seen 3200 for 5.5k.

Btw, PrimeABGB is in Lamington Road. If you can visit, you might be able to pick up all parts from Lamington from different shops. Usually, they will provide extra discounts while buying the whole build, see what they do.

Yeah I agree if you go to lamington then might as well drop by prime and ask for their quotation.

Prices did seem slightly on the higher side. I'll visit couple other shops next time I'm there to check for prices. Another shop I visited yesterday turned out to be a scammer.

Haven't been able to visit Prime as they close at 6 and both times I've visited, it's been around 7. Next time I'll go on a Saturday. I'm sure with some bargaining I'll be able to knock of 2-3k.

Can you guys suggest an alternative for the PSU, in case I can't find this at a decent price? At this point, consider I'm not open to online purchase since I want the whole thing assembled at one shot.

Prices did seem slightly on the higher side. I'll visit couple other shops next time I'm there to check for prices. Another shop I visited yesterday turned out to be a scammer.

Haven't been able to visit Prime as they close at 6 and both times I've visited, it's been around 7. Next time I'll go on a Saturday. I'm sure with some bargaining I'll be able to knock of 2-3k.

Can you guys suggest an alternative for the PSU, in case I can't find this at a decent price? At this point, consider I'm not open to online purchase since I want the whole thing assembled at one shot.
Buy online:

https://www.primeabgb.com/online-pr...ol-pm650d-80-plus-gold-smps-r-pm650d-fa0b-uk/

If you're looking in the 5k range, get the Corsair cx650.

The important thing when buying a PSU is to note down the variant number. The companies usually change the quality over time with newer variants.
Many of them should be decent for your general use. Also decide on the PSU after finalizing the graphics card. You may not even need over 600W.

Processor and graphics card are final, i5 12400F and Zotac RTX3060.

Power consumption will be around 300 watts, so I'm looking for 550-600w PSU as that's the range where PSUs are most efficient.

I'm going to stick to my 5k budget, the motherboard has already stretched my budget quite a bit. Will take whichever bronze rated PSU is within that price. Initially I'd thought 4k, so I've already increased it by 1k, can't go beyond this.

Back