Gaming PC @70000

Love2BeStranger

Disciple
Dec 25, 2011
Which one would be better (in terms of speed of my Pc)buying a CPU cooler and OC it to 4.2 or buying 64gigs SSD with TRIM and other good stuff,or should I drop both and get a kick-ass graphic card ?

Jakob

Skilled
May 13, 2011
Mumbai
Lol,is this a quiz contest,if gaming then go for better gpu,if you want fast read write and os performance the go for ssd.either way you're spending 70k on a rig so eventually you'll get a cooler.
Which one would be better (in terms of speed of my Pc)buying a CPU cooler and OC it to 4.2 or buying 64gigs SSD with TRIM and other good stuff,or should I drop both and get a kick-ass graphic card ?

Love2BeStranger

Disciple
Dec 25, 2011
Thanks for the answer,I'll get cooler and GPU

I have visited CTC to upgrade my friends pc,I have found that some of the components recommend by the users aren't in stores,they were saying that they will it those soon if needed.So provide few alternatives for the following:

Mobo:Asus P8Z68 V PRO(may be a cheaper alternative, can be MSI or Gigabyte.)

RAM:G.Skill(any similar one although found Corsair)

CPU cooler:Few on air coolers or may be a liquid cooled one like h60or80(i have seen people buying corsair h series products)

Case:NZXT temtest Evo(People rarely heard about this brand) and the alternatives must have good airflow

Monitor:There were many monitors at CTC(rather mention a 24" 2-3 alternatives)

-------------------------------------

I found the following components

Processor :Intel I5 2500k -12000-13000/

Odd-every possible brand can be bought-1000/

HD-Seagate 1TB 7200.10-5100/

Psu-Cooler Master 700w-don't remember the price

Mouse, keyboard & headphones:everything ranging from Microsoft combo to Razer and Steelseries.Regarding headphones Razer,steelseries,Skullcandy and some well known brands.

These were the things I showed interest so just found these.

Jakob

Skilled
May 13, 2011
Mumbai
For psu go for Seasonic S12ii 520W-3.6k OR Corsair 550W-4.3k,for cooler go for cooler master Hyper 212 evo-2.1k.
Thanks for the answer,I'll get cooler and GPU

I have visited CTC to upgrade my friends pc,I have found that some of the components recommend by the users aren't in stores,they were saying that they will it those soon if needed.So provide few alternatives for the following:

Mobo:Asus P8Z68 V PRO(may be a cheaper alternative, can be MSI or Gigabyte.)

RAM:G.Skill(any similar one although found Corsair)

CPU cooler:Few on air coolers or may be a liquid cooled one like h60or80(i have seen people buying corsair h series products)

Case:NZXT temtest Evo(People rarely heard about this brand) and the alternatives must have good airflow

Monitor:There were many monitors at CTC(rather mention a 24" 2-3 alternatives)

-------------------------------------

I found the following components

Processor :Intel I5 2500k -12000-13000/

Odd-every possible brand can be bought-1000/

HD-Seagate 1TB 7200.10-5100/

Psu-Cooler Master 700w-don't remember the price

Mouse, keyboard & headphones:everything ranging from Microsoft combo to Razer and Steelseries.Regarding headphones Razer,steelseries,Skullcandy and some well known brands.

These were the things I showed interest so just found these.

Love2BeStranger

Disciple
Dec 25, 2011
#[member='Jacob'] instead of that psu can I get CoolerMaster 700M(its modular,so better cable management and proof for multi-GPU).Do recommend the rest.

ALPHA17

Cooler "Master"
Skilled
Jan 6, 2010
Delhi, India
#[member='Jacob'] instead of that psu can I get CoolerMaster 700M(its modular,so better cable management and proof for multi-GPU).Do recommend the rest.

This particular model the Silent Pro M700 will set you back by approximately ~7500/-. If you can go for the Corsair TX V2 650W ~5600/-, that will be the best balance of power, connectors and pragmatism [value for your money].

Also the NZXT Tempest EVO has plenty of spacing to hide unused cables / connectors.

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

Jakob

Skilled
May 13, 2011
Mumbai
You can do better cable management of psu for great spacing,as alpha said 650W is good enough no need to spend more on modular psu and it's Jakob by the way.

Love2BeStranger

Disciple
Dec 25, 2011
can some one suggest a good(other than Asus P8Z68) mobo with USB 3.0,SATA 3,2 or 3 way Sli or Cfx and it should be an ATX one.

Thanks to both I'll try to get 650 one.

ALPHA17

Cooler "Master"
Skilled
Jan 6, 2010
Delhi, India
Not another m-atx board,I need atx one.

Can we expect IB available by mid-May in India(atleast the 3570k).

Then go for the ASUS P8Z77-V ~12500/-. No guarantee can be given, because Intel plans to do a staggered release phase for Ivy-BRidge processors, with the final releases some time in June.

Love2BeStranger

Disciple
Dec 25, 2011
Yes,also heard that overclocking IB takes temperatures to 90+ with 4.7 GHz and minimum possible voltage to run it at that clock speed.

Asus P8Z77-V-PRO looks good like the upgraded version of Z68 with support for Z77.

ALPHA17

Cooler "Master"
Skilled
Jan 6, 2010
Delhi, India
Yes,also heard that overclocking IB takes temperatures to 90+ with 4.7 GHz and minimum possible voltage to run it at that clock speed.

Asus P8Z77-V-PRO looks good like the upgraded version of Z68 with support for Z77.

Hmmm... I am not a great over-clocker but most reports / leaks infer that Ivy-Bridge thanks to its new gating technology, the tri-gat requires a significant voltage to overcome the resistance offered as clocks are pushed higher. Essentially over-clocking heavily on air is out of the picture. Though people with water coolers above the calibre of the H80 and custom loops can still push Ivy-Bridge to a respectable level.

I would not recommend the V-PRO editon, just go for the ASUS P8Z77-V should be more than capable for you. As well if you plan to over-clock to ~4.5 GHz I recommend in the light of recent findings that you invest in the Noctua NH-U12P SE2.

Love2BeStranger

Disciple
Dec 25, 2011
#[member='ALPHA17'] Thanks you saved atleast 2000 rupees(on the mobo),which can be used some where else.

I will drop the cpu cooler if any of the components are priced too high or may be i choose a better component.

windhawk91

Adept
Oct 24, 2008
I have a doubt here guys. Most of you guys suggested he go for the 23 inch Dell Ultrasharp models. But they have a 8 ms response time. Wouldn't that cause ghosting and motion blur while gaming?

Love2BeStranger

Disciple
Dec 25, 2011
I know that there be certain difference in the Frame rate while gaming if the CPU is oc'ed.But i will think about it after all the components for CORE are finalized.

I have seen the diff between IPS and TN,but the price diff is 5000 and more,so TN will be ideal for me(IPS show ghosting issue too).So recommend one.

ALPHA17

Cooler "Master"
Skilled
Jan 6, 2010
Delhi, India
I have a doubt here guys. Most of you guys suggested he go for the 23 inch Dell Ultrasharp models. But they have a 8 ms response time. Wouldn't that cause ghosting and motion blur while gaming?

No, quite a few members have this monitor on TE and none of them have reported significant issues of ghosting and blurring in fast paced games.

I have seen the diff between IPS and TN,but the price diff is 5000 and more,so TN will be ideal for me(IPS show ghosting issue too).So recommend one.

Surprising, I thought most people who experienced IPS panels never returned. But I might be wrong, so if you are all right with a 22" full HD TN panel, the following options you have --

Dell ST2220L ~8500/- [full HD 21.5" LED-backlit panel and HDMI-out]

BenQ E2220HD ~8500/- [same as above]

Love2BeStranger

Disciple
Dec 25, 2011
#[member='ALPHA17'] I was eagrly waiting for reply.I observed that IPS has way better contrast ratios(just compared Crysis 2) when compared to TN.But i was rather thinking about price and ghosting issuse.But if IPS is worth the money then u2412 should be best.I'am still confused,help me in choosing the best.