PC Peripherals gaming mouse. which one?

i need a good mouse for me. i've been using the simple MS optical mice and before that the normal logitech ball mouse. after a play of say 4h, my ring finger starts to ache a lot. the hand length from the wrist to the tip of the middle finger is 7.5 inches.

just today i'm using the logitech mx310 (roommate's) since read quite some reviews about it. many like it. only some people have comments that it's not for long hands. can you please suggest if mx310 is a good one for 7.5 inches? thanks!! i'd be tryin that too since i have this mouse but just needed a second opinion.

19.99 + shipping (NE)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/CustRatingReview.asp?Item=N82E16826104136

(anyways, rooomate got it for 7/- from microcenter during thkgivin!!)

Please post your budget..:)

You could also look for a Razer Copperhead which has excellent reviews or the Logitech MX700 (kinda cheaper)..

The MX518 would be better....U have pretty big hands bro ;) So do I...its very....err handy doncha think??? :eek:hyeah:
The MX 518 is more accurate too. Oh the MX 1000 or G5 would also be useful. Never used the razor range so cannot comment personally :)

The Logitech MX310 is a great mouse no matter what people say, and I've used many, including the MX510, MX518, Intelli 1.1 and Razer Diamondback.

First, I think the shape is more practical than some of the other gaming grade mice out there, including the Diamondback. And no, it's *not* small - it's larger than regular mice and the weight I think is just perfect for fast-paced games like Q3A.

Besides, buying one of these will not burn a hole in your pocket - I got mine for some 800 bucks in the US, but I hear they're way more expensive in India. I'm definitely buying more of these on my next trip.

Guys, Hippy is from the US.

But I suggest the Logitechs. But you decide what is best for you.

If you need a hardcore gaming mouse, go for the G5 or the Razers.

But if you need a good gaming mouse with practicality, then go for the G7 cordless....

If you're in the US, go to Fry's or Best Buy and check out which mouse suits you better - then, rush back home and buy them online for a better price :)

Mx518, Ie 1.1 or IE 3 are quite decent gaming mouse if you r on sm budget..

otherwise u can go for copperhead or laser mouses....

Anish said:
Please post your budget..:)

You could also look for a Razer Copperhead which has excellent reviews or the Logitech MX700 (kinda cheaper)..
i don't think MX700 is available now ..... but how u can call it cheaper i got it for 4550/- :-O .... in my view G5 is a gr8 mouse and will be perfect for gaming ....

i'd look at the mice in sometime and post for questions. budget is like 20/- but it has always changed since i built my machine ;), i'm from the US. (would NOT forget to mention that next time. avoids confusion. thanks for all the suggestions.

hmmm confused, but that's a good sign since there are so many options. i tend to like the shapes of the original normal logitech mouse (sleek) and the shapes of the new ones (bulgey) seem to annoy me. i'm a little uncomfortable with the mx310 (roomie's) but i think this is the first mouse with the new shapes (bulgey), so need to be using it for sometime before being prejudiced. all the NEW logitechs seem to have the same shape (bulgey) with just maybe prevision enhancements with newer models. anyways, the copperhead's shape is what i like the most (just like the old logitechs' sleek shape). is the copperhead comfortable for long hands (7.5")? i ask since i dont see much difference between the shape of the old logitechs and this (sleek). let me know. and how's the diamondback compared to the copperhead?

from NEWEGG:

g5 48.65

copperhead 64.00

diamondback 49.98

mx1000 65.95

mx518 38.89

MX310 19.99

if not comfortable with the mx310, then would go for the copperhead else mx310 for the time.

PS: @Vandal, we all have a good relationship with our hand and the five children ;).

Last edited by a moderator:
MX700: i wont go for wireless optical mice. only optical mice.

MX1000 is comparatively expensive that the copperhead (NE has an offer on copperhead). so mx1000 would be out too. more positive reviews on copperhead than the g5. not compared g5 and mx1000 yet.

Back