Gaming Keyboard

Hello TE,

I am looking to purchase a good gaming keyboard for around 5-6k. I have never used a good keyboard before and mostly roll with generic logitech/dell keyboards. Recently I was advised to look into mechanical keyboards and I'm looking to pick one of them up.

Not looking to buy a noisy keyboard and don't really care about back light. Programmable buttons , USB hub, Headphone and mic jacks would be a huge plus.

Gaming keyboards don't add much to the functionality unless one is into games that require a lot of shortcuts, hence making macro keys an asset.

Apart from that, it is a waste of money. I'd bought the Logitech G510 (http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/gaming-keyboard-g510?crid=825) but sold it after a couple of months as I didn't really see any huge plus despite the huge feature list that keyboard offered.

i realised the same (albeit long back) & hence even am selling my logitech G510.

yes. the keyboard has its own importance, but also, a controller like the X360 one is also a very VFM peripheral to have.

@spr @Kilroyquasar

I have two Xbox Controllers collecting dust somewhere in my house. Absolutely hate controllers and don't think I will ever make that switch.

A mall near my place stocks some gaming accessories from Steelseries and Razer. Sort of tested the Razer Blackwidow 2013 as it had open arrow keys. It felt quite good and the noise from Cherry MX blue didn't bother me that much.

Last edited by a moderator:
on the contrary, i like playing FPS games on the controller. am good at taking headshots with that, and the trigger+ rumble feedback gives a satisfactory feeling :)

but you can of assistance to someone. PMing you.

Back