Budget 41-50k Gaming and Productivity PC advice

Mystical

Recruit
  1. What is your budget?
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • Laptop (Dell Inspiron 15 3000)
    • Monitor - Dell U2412M
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - Dell U2412M
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Ryzen 5500
    • Motherboard - any compatible motherboard
    • GPU - RX 6650XT
    • PSU - anything that is sufficient
    • (SSD - 512 or 500 GB should be enough
    • Cabinet - Anything that has sufficient airflow
    • Ram - 16GB DDR4 (with a brand that is reputable such as g.skill or corsair)
    • (I require only the PC, No peripherals needed)
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Not sure, Maybe the monitor in the next 3 years
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Chennai (Tamilnadu)
    • Open to online and offline purchase
  7. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Browsing
    • Video editing
    • Recording
    • Coding
    • Using Locally Hosted AI Tools
    • May expand to many more CPU intensive applications
  8. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • No
  9. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Fortnite (Competitive Settings)
    • Valorant (Competitive Settings)
    • Minecraft
    • AAA Titles (such as cyberpunk 2077 and GOW Ragnarok)
  10. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1920 × 1080
    2. Desktop - 1920 × 1080
  11. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No (Will be open to it if temps are lower than expected)
  12. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10 (Atlas OS)
    • Linux - Arch Linux (With Hyprland)
Everyone ignore the GOW Ragnarok part I was sleep deprived.

Last edited:
have tried to add bang for the bucks for all possible parts.

Attachments

• pcpricetrackerbuild (2).png
    pcpricetrackerbuild (2).png
    130.3 KB · Views: 74
have tried to add bang for the bucks for all possible parts.
All of this looks really good but I don't get the different between a B450M and a B550 motherboard. I do understand that u need a Ryzen 4000 series processor to update the BIOS on B450M motherboards but that can be done through a offline store. Is there any other difference to pay the 4k extra for the B550 over the B450M?

All of this looks really good but I don't get the different between a B450M and a B550 motherboard. I do understand that u need a Ryzen 4000 series processor to update the BIOS on B450M motherboards but that can be done through a offline store. Is there any other difference to pay the 4k extra for the B550 over the B450M?

PCIe Gen 4.0 Support​

ensures full utilisation of any future GPU upgrades as pci 4 goes mainstream.
currently there's little performance loss compared to pci 3.

NVMe drive slot with PCIe Gen 4.0 compatibility, doubles data transfer speed compared to last gen. some games specifically require SSD these days

higher Ram speed support, but for DDR4 3600 MHz is fine.
WiFi 6 support with lan speed upto 2.5 Gbps, if you are into blazing fast internet.

B550 motherboards feature USB Gen 3.2 Gen 2 ports, so again better data transfer speed.

Ryzen 3000 and 5000 processors are limited to B550 motherboards while B450 boards support a wider variety of CPUs. so if one buys B450 Mobo, do check for Ryzen 5000 ready stickers, or ask the retailer to update bios

Yup don't have to for a mid-level CPU/GPU. b450m is more than enough.

Yeah, totally go for a b450 instead and get a better gpu. Nvidia has been having a bit of driver issues with dpc latency and random short freezes, but I prefer their implementation of Raytracing and also dlss.

Back