6. Army Men II
  7. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series
  8. Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising
  9. T.A.G.A.P series
  10. Dead Space series
  11. TOTAL WAR series
  12. Dawn of War II and Chaos Rising

Re-Volt

The only racing game that I enjoyed and could play with some alacrity.

Claw used to be my favourite back then. More so because after tonnes of practice, I mastered every level to the point that I collected all the gems in each level (barring the last one - The Temple and The Docks which had a bug).

And with a measly 56kbps dialup BSNL internet connection back then, I uploaded the scores to the online server. I stood fourth on that list back in 1999. It has come down to seventh now. Proof from a cached website - Link

I have downloaded the .MIDI tracks of all the 14 levels. The game is available for free download as on today and is hardly 30MB. But wouldn't work on Vista or 7. I think I tried back in Vista.

powerlevel1.jpg

For you Gannu bhai!!

Claw used to be my favourite back then. More so because after tonnes of practice, I mastered every level to the point that I collected all the gems in each level (barring the last one - The Temple and The Docks which had a bug).

And with a measly 56kbps dialup BSNL internet connection back then, I uploaded the scores to the online server. I stood fourth on that list back in 1999. It has come down to seventh now. Proof from a cached website - Link

I have downloaded the .MIDI tracks of all the 14 levels. The game is available for free download as on today and is hardly 30MB. But wouldn't work on Vista or 7. I think I tried back in Vista.

There's PM Tony Blair on that list as well.
happy49.gif

There's PM Tony Blair on that list as well.
happy49.gif

Yep and several other Indians if you noticed.
123.gif

I used to be in touch with Mahesh on that list and he gave me some valuable tips. I found it really hard to collect some of the treasures and when I finally did, it felt so rewarding! For a 2D platformer, this was a hard game back then.

And there was a loophole on the second level - The Battlements, wherein the player could revisit and collect all the treasures (which were already collected) once again after reloading the second save point. And many seemed to exploit that to their advantage to boost the overall high score.
tongu23e.gif

I just realised. It's not just retro games that made me a gamer.

Games like:

1. CRYSIS

2. Dead Space 2

3. World of Goo

These games brought new definitions to gaming for me

The best game that it first realised me a gamer which is ...
I.G.I
Fighting force
O.N.I
V.Cop II
Age of empire series
Battle realms
Impossible creatures
Desert storm series
Doom 3
Commandos series
Max Payne series
Hitman series

Running on a P4 only on 256 mb ram :p These are one of the best games I ever played in my childhood....:D

I really wonder why they dont make another commandoes games. They can have more elements in play now and it is just awesome. As far as i remember the series only bomb when they tried to make it like FPS. 1 - 2 - 3 were pure fun.

does anybody remember or has played 'shogo: mobile armour division' (an early title from 'monolith')?! that was my first 'proper game' on PC (the other being 'quake 3 arena - offline').

3. Re-Volt

I tried a lot to find and run Re-Volt on my Windows 7 machine. If someone can help me, I'll be mighty grateful.

Also, If there was a similar game to Re-Volt, I'd purchase it in a jiffy. That game was super-fun.

- - - Updated - - -

EDIT: Holy shit, I might faint - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Re-Volt/

Although Acclaim Entertainment is now defunct, fans support the game by producing fan-made vehicles and courses, and by operating multiplayer servers. Fans have also created a Windows-based chat/lobby client called "RV House" that allows players to connect and play together. While new players may experience a significant learning curve, the community remains active with records of fastest laps and new courses and cars still being added. The community has recently acquired the source code of the game and a new version 1.2, intended to be a major update, is currently in development. The latest alpha release is dated on December 25, 2012.

Let's hope this works. Downloading the original CD of Re-volt now :D:yahoo:

For the uninitiated -

First of all, great thread guys!

The games that made me a gamer...

DOS/Video Games:
Snake
OutRun
Prince of Persia (Never reached the Pricess in 60minutes :( )
Dave
Wolf3D
Karateka
Sky Roads
Contra
Mario (Classic)
Sky Destroyer
Tanks
Duck Hunt
Hogan's Alley
Road Fighter (Superman!)

Windows 95-98se Games:
Alladin
NFS II SE ( Awesome game! Used to play Split-Screen Multiplayer with my bro and friends! )
Midtown Madness
Road Rash
EDIT:
Cricket 97
Virtua Cop 2

WinXP/Win7 Games:
POP SOT/WW/TT/2008
GTA VC and SA !!
Insane
NFS Hot Pursuit
NFS UG II
NFS Carbon
Counter Strike
Cricket 07 (Now running with IPL Patches...awesome!)
Batman AA & AC
AC II/Brotherhood/Revelations

I am office and went into a flashback for around half an hour!

Gaming Rocks!!!!

Mario and Contra.....:)
then Quake 2, Cricket 97ATE, Half Life, Road rash, Virtua Cop 2, Delta Force
list is endless... hehe

Three games that made me a gamer for life :-

1. Road Rash

2. NFS II SE- fzr2000 and hollywood level (the best level in the game)

3. GTA Vice City- played it for almost 5 years

@mitraark
Did not ruin my life but certainly did affect my grad percentages :) .Certainly did ruin life of many people in our college .However looking at positives you get to know lot of people playing multiplayer , learn to gel with a team etc etc :).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back