Android Galaxy S2 screen discoloration / distortion

mk76

Adept

Any idea why the screen of my S2 looks like this. It appeared just like that.. no fall, nothing. I powered off and removed battery for entire night but nothing happened.

Anyone faced such an issue and can suggest what are the next steps. The phone is 11 months old but was not bought in India, so no warranty cover.

Looks like some screen have got pressure in some way. I too had similar issue with my Galaxy 3 (i5801) couple of years ago when it had got pressure in Mumbai local train :blackeye:. Screen then died in a month and had to replace it for 1650 bucks

there is a special way to test the screen/most of the phone hardware for proper working on all samsung phones.. try that out and see if it passes?

let me post the code for you here... stay tuned

edit: here's the code try it out -

*#*#0842#*#*

Sent from my GT-I9500 using TechEnclave Forum mobile app

@vyral_143 : :( Wonder how much it will for S2 ?

My phone first had got a very light brown like discoloration in center. In few days 1-2 horizontal lines of green color would appear and vanish. With some more days in progress whole screen used to get green color tint. But that center discoloration vanished. In its last 10 days of life all issues of screen were looking solved but suddenly 1 day on upper right corner screen would not display anything in cloud shape. that cloud type shape kept on increasing decreasing. Finally it dies completely.

I guess display cost for your phone would be 3500-4000, just a wild guess

Last edited by a moderator:
Back