Galaxy S2 or Xperia S

flyer

Disciple
Hi,

I did my research online and zeroed in on the below two mobiles.
Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100
Sony Xperia S

But couldn't finalize on one..

Request your comments to pick the best one.

I checked HTC one S also.. but found out that it comes with S3 chip in India compared to S4 chip in other countries. I hope am not mistaken here.

Also, pls suggest any other better mobiles in the range 25-28 K.

One more thing, suggest me a reliable online store where i can get the mobile for cheapest price with proper bill to claim warranty if required.

Thanks in advance,
Flyer.

Both are good phones, you can't go wrong with either one. First off, SII has got AMOLED plus, gorgeous for watching movies/videos but a low res screen (I own one and absolutely loving it). Xperia has got a high res LED backlit LCD screen, official AOSP support but an older generation S3 processor. SII was promised JB next month, moderate audio and a decent 8 MP camera, removable battery, MicroSD support (16+32=48). Xperia has a mediocre 12 MP camera, 32 GB Memory with no memory expansion

Bottomline - Buy the one which has the cheapest price with manufacturer warranty. Look into Homeshop18.com (I got SII for Rs.22222 in superdeal)

@WolVish85,

Did you get a proper Bill from Homeshop with mobile's IMEI number on it? in other words, is the bill from HS18 good enough to claim warranty?
I read in this forum that its causing issues while claiming warranty.

One more thing, are you saying that XS camera is inferior to SII?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. Initially they didn't give an invoice with IMEI, but after I requested, they sent me the following mail..

With reference to your SubOrder #48806225 . please find attached the soft copy of the Product Invoice requested by you.

Please be informed that we have also dispatched the hard copy of the invoice and this should reach you within the next 2-3 working days.

I have not used the camera of Xperia S, but I've read in so many forums that the 12 MP camera is not up to the mark. Maybe someone who owns the phone can give some inputs on that regard. :)

Xperia S camera is better than S2 and on par with any other leading smartphone - Iphone 5, GS3, etc or even better in some cases. Check this comparison by our own Desi site Igyaan.

Smartphone Camera Shootout ? Galaxy S3 vs Xperia S vs One X vs Xperia P vs iPhone 4s - iGyaan.in

Xperia S vs GS3 vs One X vs Iphone 4S

You can also read the GSMArena opinion on Xperia S camera in the Xperia S vs GSII comparison review

Other pros include HD screen that's one of the best in the market even compared to GS3 One X etc, brilliant audio quality, NFC, fast and accurate GPS thanks to GLONASS, NFC, Jellybean coming early November or earlier.

Back