Galaxy S2 or Atrix 2 : Is features justify 7000 Rs extra price?

thanga

Disciple
Dear Fellows,

I plan to buy a mobile soon and zeroed in on Motorola Atrix 2 or Samsung Galaxy S 2.

But unable to conclude which one is best, is the features of S2 justifies its higher proce tag..

Any people owning these phones or one of these phones can give me ideas....?

thanks a lot...

thanga

Xperia S is better but micro SIM and sealed battery where S2 got normal sim and replaceable battery. Though in some point not so far future we all transformed into micro sim, so it may not be an issue.

But user replaceable battery anytime ,always plus point IMHO.

Thanks to you guys for all feedback.

I have not looked at xperia S, but definitely the non-removable battery is a sore point for me.

Unfortunately I had not the chance to try the Motorola Hands On because it is hard to find it in brick and Mortar shops. I tried Galaxy S2 though and it was amazing.

The inbuilt memory is more for Galaxy S2 and the Display I cannot decide until I see the motorola display. I think 0.2 Ghz faster is not much.

Have to look for more inputs.

Thanks anyways.

Never go for Motorola Devices, you will wait and wait and wait for the update and then it'll never arrive.

FYI, official ICS udpate available for Atrix 2 and can be upgraded OTA.
Atrix 2 has got an excellent hardware only backed by an locked bootloader. So if you don't bother flashing too many custom roms, A2 is much better choice IMO.

FYI, official ICS udpate available for Atrix 2 and can be upgraded OTA.
Atrix 2 has got an excellent hardware only backed by an locked bootloader. So if you don't bother flashing too many custom roms, A2 is much better choice IMO.
ICS is not the end of the world, just wait and watch for the JB update... what I wanted to say is that compared to Samsung, Moto is late in releasing updates and having a locked bootloader is surely a negative on Dev side.

If there really was a 7K difference my choice would be Atrix 2.
However, the fact is that the price difference is down to between 2 and 3 K. S2 is often available on ebay for about 24K while the Atrix 2 on ebay is about 21K the last I heard. Homeshop18 too had the S2 at under 24K in their superdeals. For that price, I would prefer the S2.

i do personally go for the xperia s.
i have owned the s2 previously and can compare it with the xperia s and i feel the hardware and the screen is on a different planet altogether.
Dont get me wrong,the s2 is a fantastic phone and a great overall package but,the xperia s feels more like a premium device right from the minute you remove it out of the box.
The inbuilt battery is not a problem as i feel some time in the future as phones get slimmer all the time,it would be a given in almost all the phones.Also since sony is supporting it warranty and service,even though if in any unlikely event that the battery shows signs of defect,you can always replace your phone.I have personally had good experiences with sony warranty and service.

Back