Galaxy Note 2 - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Finally I am onboard as well. Waiting for the delivery, the day after. Already bought the flip case and Sandisk 32GB Class 10 card. Anyone using Capdase Xpose with the NOTE-2?

Anyone who is scared like me about scratching/damaging side bezel, camera lens or any part of back housing need not worry anymore... complete Back housing with chrome bezel is cheaper and easier to replace....

It costs only 9.99 dollars... Here is the link:
Samsung N7100 Galaxy Note II OEM Marble White backplate, Faceplate | Housing | Repair parts | Accessories | Mobile parts | Novelty Items

at the moment they do not have the grey color listed.... but I own white one :p

I have bought rear Galaxy S3 oem battery plates from them... they are reliable. ..

Here is the assembly video:
Galaxy Note 2 Disassembly & Assembly - Screen and Case Replacement - Drop Test Repair - YouTube

It is very easy and fun to replace. .. No need to depend on service center guys

Yesterday i have updated by phone to 4.1.2. Now my phone could not be connected to internet via wifi. After a bit research i found out that this is the issue with 4.1.2. Flashing back to 4.1.1 is the only option. Any one having the same problem?

Anyone who is scared like me about scratching/damaging side bezel, camera lens or any part of back housing need not worry anymore... complete Back housing with chrome bezel is cheaper and easier to replace....

It costs only 9.99 dollars... Here is the link:
Samsung N7100 Galaxy Note II OEM Marble White backplate, Faceplate | Housing | Repair parts | Accessories | Mobile parts | Novelty Items

at the moment they do not have the grey color listed.... but I own white one :p

I have bought rear Galaxy S3 oem battery plates from them... they are reliable. ..

Here is the assembly video:
Galaxy Note 2 Disassembly & Assembly - Screen and Case Replacement - Drop Test Repair - YouTube

It is very easy and fun to replace. .. No need to depend on service center guys

Visit any local service center and get the official one for 800bucks....
Even I inquired about this when I got my SPen replaced. So now I also do not bother to use the flip cover.... It is just lying unused.
My main concern was the silver lining around the cam... so that back panel includes everything :)

---
After installing 4.1.2 I have observed that its draining my battery 30-40% faster than before.... Tried restarting and checking if the update changed any settings... but nothing found yet....
Any one experiencing the same...??

Just to update, I got the Sandisk 64GB SDXC card and everything is working fine. People were reporting that they were having problems with 64B cards and files greater than 4GB weren't working. No sch problem in my case.

Also anyone using Wicked ROM?

SO 4.1.2 is even draining battery a lot. So decided to try custom ROM. Could some one confirm that after installing custom ROMS can i come back to official ROMs?

i am insanely annoyed with the wifi issue i am having on my note 2. Wifi issue seems to be known issue for note 2.i COuld not connect to wifi router. "Network disabled.Poor connection.". When my other devices like PC, PS3 and other mobiles are able to connect to my router i wonder what problem my note 2 is having to connect to router

I had reset the router - Still the same problem
I had changed the phone wifi settings from DHCP to static-Stil the same problem
Installed OMEGA, AROMA custom ROMS- still the same problem.

Its pathetic i am spending hours researching how to make a simple wifi working. Till 4.1.1 i have no issues. Flashing back to 4.1.1 seems to be the only option.

Some one please guide me where i will find 4.1.1 Indian version ROM to flash.

TP-LINK TL-WR740N. BTW i changed to perseus kernel. Still didn't worked. So i guess i should change back to stock ROM. COuld you guide me where should i get 4.1.1 india ROM. I am planning to take my phone to service centre.

India 2012 October 4.1.1 N7100XXALJ3 N7100ODDALJ2 Download Unlock Info SamMobile Firmware Page

Download Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: N7100XXALJ3_N7100ODDALJ2_INU.zip

- - - Updated - - -

i am insanely annoyed with the wifi issue i am having on my note 2. Wifi issue seems to be known issue for note 2.i COuld not connect to wifi router. "Network disabled.Poor connection.". When my other devices like PC, PS3 and other mobiles are able to connect to my router i wonder what problem my note 2 is having to connect to router

I had reset the router - Still the same problem
I had changed the phone wifi settings from DHCP to static-Stil the same problem
Installed OMEGA, AROMA custom ROMS- still the same problem.

Its pathetic i am spending hours researching how to make a simple wifi working. Till 4.1.1 i have no issues. Flashing back to 4.1.1 seems to be the only option.

Some one please guide me where i will find 4.1.1 Indian version ROM to flash.

Which version 4.1.2 are you using?, there are two available, N7100XXDLL7 N7100ODDDLL2 and N7100XXDLL4 N7100ODDDLL2

India 2012 October 4.1.1 N7100XXALJ3 N7100ODDALJ2 Download Unlock Info SamMobile Firmware Page

Download Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: N7100XXALJ3_N7100ODDALJ2_INU.zip

- - - Updated - - -

Which version 4.1.2 are you using?, there are two available, N7100XXDLL7 N7100ODDDLL2 and N7100XXDLL4 N7100ODDDLL2

I just updated using OTA update. Not sure about the version. However omega ROm i tried the version is n7100xxdlk7. I will try the stock 4.1.1 and see if it works or not.

EDIT: After hours of downloading and flashing i finally made my wifi work. Flahing 4.1.1 worked. Somehow my wifi is not working on 4.1.2 ROMS. i tried 4 to 5 ROMS. Thanks to my 20 MBPS connection. Else this 1 GB ROMs would have taken ages for me.

i guess i should not update to 4.1.2:(. So will note 2 get 4.2 update?

after the latest update to N7100XXDLL7, my play store is broken. It gives me 495 error while trying to update any existing app. Downloading a new app is still working.

Tried many things like - uninstalling the updates to play store, clearing cache and data of both download manager and play store, disabling and enabling play store etc.. nothing worked. Any fixes?

after the latest update to N7100XXDLL7, my play store is broken. It gives me 495 error while trying to update any existing app. Downloading a new app is still working.

Tried many things like - uninstalling the updates to play store, clearing cache and data of both download manager and play store, disabling and enabling play store etc.. nothing worked. Any fixes?

Did you try resetting it?

Back