Galaxy Note 2 - Announcement & Discussion Thread

38500.. Looks like top-end phones will start costing 40-50K Very soon..
If Only the Dollar Rate helped,it would have been 30K.
Either way, time for Note to go down to 25K range. Will be awesome then!

If thats gonna be the price in India, then sales are going to be good, I was expecting the price to exceed the 40k mark...

38500.. Looks like top-end phones will start costing 40-50K Very soon..
If Only the Dollar Rate helped,it would have been 30K.
Either way, time for Note to go down to 25K range. Will be awesome then!

Indications are that it will sell for between $800 and $900 in the US. So even a Rs50 conversion rate wouldn't have made much of a difference.

@whatsinaname Well, After Germany's Rate was unveiled, the conversions went to 629$, if I am not wrong.
So, I Expected it to be around 40K,which it is. But, if dollar rate was 50, then it wouldve been south of 32K.

Last edited by a moderator:
if ~38K is the price point we are looking at for Note 2, what will be the effective price of S3 and how about its sale thereafter?

Galaxy Note 2 - Discussion thread

Samsung launched Galaxy Note II phablet in India today, just a day after it was rolled out in South Korea and before its UK release. The device is priced at Rs. 39,990. The Galaxy Note 2 is bigger than the original Note's 5.3-inches and now measures 5.5-inches. It comes with a Super AMOLED HD display with a 1280x720 pixel resolution and a 1.6GHz quad core Exynos processor with 2GB of RAM.

Source : Samsung Galaxy Note II makes India debut at Rs 39,990

I think Samsung is giving laptop dock only to the users who have pre-booked it by giving 5,000rs.

Can anybody explain, sub-pixel quantity in Note 2 ?

Crap ! The pricing sucks. Until its around 30, I am not gonna buy it. (which means quite some time without a phone
frown.gif
)

I think it will take some time until price become stable and the price will come down to 30k for Note 2 till their previous gen Note clear up stocks because they have decided not to make S2 and Note anymore .

Any ideas how much the Galaxy Note 2 can be customised (themes, keyboards, launchers, etc) without losing any of the S-Pen functionality?
S-pen doesnt hinder much with launchers or keyboards. So you can try out any launcher or any kinda keyboard u wanna use with Note 2.

Regarding themes, what exactly do u mean by theming in droids without customized ROMS??

Customization will effect the Samsung features for sure.. not alone S-Pen

S-pen doesnt hinder much with launchers or keyboards. So you can try out any launcher or any kinda keyboard u wanna use with Note 2.

Regarding themes, what exactly do u mean by theming in droids without customized ROMS??

Customization will effect the Samsung features for sure.. not alone S-Pen

Thanks for the information.

By theming, I meant things like changing fonts/icons/phone start animations, etc

Depends... as per my experience with the original Note as far as custom ROMs are concerned there are two flavours.

1. AOSP/AOKP/PA/CyanogenMod. Which would not have the S-pen and other Samsung features baked in. For example for now you can forget all that fancy S-Pen stuff. Closer to pure Android as per El Goog
2. Roms based of the Official Firmware. These usually have all Samsung and S-Pen features along with other customization.

You can theme depending on what ROM you are on and what theming it supports.

Depends... as per my experience with the original Note as far as custom ROMs are concerned there are two flavours.

1. AOSP/AOKP/PA/CyanogenMod. Which would not have the S-pen and other Samsung features baked in. For example for now you can forget all that fancy S-Pen stuff. Closer to pure Android as per El Goog
2. Roms based of the Official Firmware. These usually have all Samsung and S-Pen features along with other customization.

You can theme depending on what ROM you are on and what theming it supports.

Perfect, thanks for the help. I think I have decided on the Note 2 irrespective of the customisation, but knowing that there are Roms based on official fw does help.

Will have to import from India or EU though. The US versions seem carrier locked with lots of bloatware.

New video released. The multi-window feature at 2:00 looks awesome! Just like having a real task bar and Windows Snap.

Edit: Real world demo of multi-window.

Back