FUP, frustrated Airtel users - what alternatives?

Re: FUP, frustrated Airtel users - what alternatives???

Hades. said:
Yeah nice question Renegade... even i am looking for an airtel alternative... coz airtel doesn't provide their service in my area... :(... currently i am using sify 384kbps day/512 kbps night which costs 1800 for 3 months...

I can live with that but I have heard that Sify have frequent connectivity problems.
Sandy said:
^Tried mts ?

Well their plans itself are sucky. 12GB limit and after that back to 144Kbps CDMA.

I want to take a new connection as no physical service is available in my new house, one possibility is tikona and the other one is digitalcablenet, digital cable looks good 1MBPS@800 inclusive of taxes, but anybody using this connection?. What are the constant speeds and any downtime?. Any other recommendations in Nizampet village(No airtel or BSNL)

Bangalore i heard Airtel is the best now if it doesnt work. Try BSNL my friend uses that in bangalore. Heard Beam telecom is going to expand in Chennai and Bangalore if it comes over there u'l enjoy with nice bandwidths

sumatrix said:
Any alternatives in bangalore
just go for Reliance

If ur from hyd... Take beam telecom(2 downtimes minimum in a month for 1 hour) or Reliance Rocks here But plans and Small Fup limits suck!!!!

I am finally moving to this 749 plan (Welcome to Reliance Communications)

Can I get inputs on if the speeds will remain same or will the speeds get reduced when more people opt for these in my area ? Basically want to know if the connections are shared or not.

Any other inputs about this plan are welcome.

Vasishta.Sushant said:

Can I get inputs on if the speeds will remain same or will the speeds get reduced when more people opt for these in my area ? Basically want to know if the connections are shared or not.

Nice move, The connectivity is Good.

Vasishta.Sushant said:

No Nothing Like that.. the only problem ur going to face is ur speeds at night will be up to 800kbps(i.e 80% of the promised speed) And in the Day timings Normal 600kbps.

Moved to MTNL 1Mbps 999 plan and Airtel can go hump a dead moose.

Hit my FUP limit, and received an sms/email etc also informing me i've hit the limit.

But speedtest reports i'm still cruising at full speed. What gives?

I hit my FUP of 50GB in 3 days of the current billing cycle.
My speed got reduced to 256kbps. Called 198 and gave them a piece of my mind and asked them to disconnect both IPTV and BB. The guy put me on hold and came back in 5 mins, said that i had not crossed 50GB and he inc the speed to full 5mbps again :D

well my speed reduce to 256 many days ago and will remain like this till next billing cycle but facing new issue that whenever i use utorrent now my connection stop working in 15 to 20 min and then i have to restart modem but nothing like this happened when i surf this only happen when i use utorrent so what i assume out of this that airtel doing this from backend so that i can use more gbs. need input on this guys so do reply.

I had Airtel previously and changed to Reliance when Airtel came with FUP crap.

I have 600 kbps (8am to 10 pm) and 1Mbps (10pm to 8 am) for 750 bux plus tax . it is unlimited and no FUP . I download over 200 gb per month.

Reliance started out well for me but past few month too much downtime almost alternate days. I'm sticking with reliance just because of the higher speed and no FUP.

Else service Airtel is the best

here i am not promoting any website nor any scheme its just i came across saynotoairtel.com and just supported by liking them and typing my issue why to say no to airtel and revolt against airtel fup and 3g pricing. join in case u guys wants or can and show support to make it big and show airtel what is customer power

So finally gave Airtel the boot in it's rear end and welcome back MTNL unlimited NO FUP line. I like the new MTNL modem, it looks really neat and has 4 LAN ports. :D

Bye-Bye Airtel. Hope you rot in hell for spreading your FUP seed across other ISP's.

Ethan_Hunt said:
So finally gave Airtel the boot in it's rear end and welcome back MTNL unlimited NO FUP line. I like the new MTNL modem, it looks really neat and has 4 LAN ports. :D

Bye-Bye Airtel. Hope you rot in hell for spreading your FUP seed across other ISP's.
i did the same by kicking airtel out of home and now getting spectranet without any fup and even 10 times better gaming ping

Good for you man. I gave their retention team a final good-bye speech and told them to get their FUP'd arse off my property. With the advent of 3G, I hope these guys would make amends to their existing wired lines plans to be without FUP.

Back