Skilled
FS- IBM laptop R50e (1834EQ1)

Pentium-M 725

512MB (originally 256)

40GB 5400rpm HDD

15" LCD

802.11b/g

cd r/w, DVR-R

Reason for sale: Me sold on the new Dell M1210 but need cash to get it :ashamed: ashamed of succumbing to temptation

Refer--> http://www.techenclave.com/forums/dell-xps-m1210-inr-prices-lower-73625.html

This was picked up from the last remaining stocks of the laptops that were sold under the IBM thinkpad brand....

(pic next to my Compaq V2010: ImageShack - Hosting :: dscn00922jf.jpg

(I'll remove that kiddie sticker from it if you want ;)

now for some marketing cr%p ;)

Sturdy as a rock , built to last...

get your work done real fast !

Aaaaaaaaaaarggggggghhhhhhhh I can't believe i wrote that sh&t :ashamed:

Anyway, back to the topic....The laptop has been maintained well, no dead pixels, no issues whatsoever....Ran mostly on the power Adapter so the battery is in good shape...(since we used my compaq V2010 while travelling, this laptop has been used @ home nearly all the time and has not been lugged around)

3 months of warranty still left....1 month of personal warranty from my side....

Expected price : 36K

Chennai buyer preferred as the buyer can take a look at it + no shipping hassles either

Am not too sure about the idea of shipping a lappy :(

cheers!

Apologies:

The proccy is a P-M 715 , 1.5 Ghz and not a P-M 725 1.6 Ghz as mentioned above :(

honest mistake!

I was looking for a link for the 1834 EQ1 and suddenly realized that the R50e 1834EQ1 is a a P-M 715....

Uh, forgot to mention this...

Have all The original papers, manuals, CDs yada yada yada

Currently Under IBM/Lenovo India warranty ....

Since this was a mistake from my side, the price quoted above becomes negotiable :(

Also. AM willing to lower down the price a lil extra if the buyer is OK with me removing the additional 256 MB stick that I have plugged into it.... (the original config came with 256MB)

Product Link: Overview - ThinkPad R50e

^^ Check the M1210 mate...Droolworthy for the price it is coming at :p

T2300 Core Duo + Go7400 for 65K

Reason why am planning to sell this one off

Bumpy...C'mon Guys, someone pick this up ...so that I can go ahead with my M1210 plans ....

The price is after all decent for a Centrino machine...That too a near mint Thinkpad

BTW it has a 3hr+ battery backup with wi-fi on...not tested with wi-fi off, but expect a 15% - 20% increase

depends on how you define Mint condition ;)

If someone says Mint condition for a used product , I would assume it was taken out of its wrapping once, and put back in there within a few minutes ;)

I say near mint because there are no scratches, no dead pixels etc.

It isn't all mint ;) coz if you checkthe pic, you'd notice a Kiddy sticker below the Left Ctrl key :p (thanks to my fiancee)

Though otherwise, it is pretty much in perfect condition....

Can' post pics from all sides if anyone is seriously interested :)

superczar said:
another bump...am surprised no1 is interested.....
more soo coz no 1 is even crappin on th thread :p

***Be carefull for what you wish for ! ***

Well the reason probably for no one being interested is that you can get a Compaq 2623 laptop with Celeron 1.5, 60 Gb hdd, 512MB ram, DVD writer for 36k.

OT:

Something known as parental blessings and our belief in them is the holdup

Hope things work out.

BTW, the taxes in India will mean that the costs are going to be just as high as the US prices (regarding the m1210).

BTW, the taxes in India will mean that the costs are going to be just as high as the US prices (regarding the m1210).

Nopes;

Core Duo T2300, 1GB, 80GB HDD, Go7400 combo is coming to ~64K pre tax (incl. delivery)...

If i get it delivered in Chennai, I pay 4.2% tax..If i get it delivered in Bihar (my home address) i pay no taxes :D

The same config is crossing 1600 pre Tax on the Dell US site...

There are no coupons for the M1210...However, I can claim a EPP discount of 5% through BNY, yet the pre-tax price is higher than the post tax price here...

Though If anyone finds US coupons on the M1210 though, please let me know

Whoa, went way OT....no takers for the dropped price of 36K?

Bumpy-bump....

BTW, OT funny story:

I posted this sale on eBay too where I have 2 bids currently at 37K...

Around the same time, another guy put up a P-IV 2.8 ghz thinkpad which has attracted 66 :O bids and is currently at 39K (rest of the specs being fairly similar, except the larger footprint and higher weight of the P IV)

I guess people look at just the clock speed, and assume a 2.8Gig battery hogger, heat disspator P IV machine to be superior than a Dothan because it quotes a lower clock speed :(

Anyway, back on topic, I'd rather sell to a TE member at a lower price for rather obvious reasons :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back