FS : Electric Guitar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
Im selling this on behalf of a close friend.

Its a Tansen electric guitar. A humbucker + 2 single coil pickups. Original Tansen made for the american market for the Jackson brand. 3 years old. Recently serviced and polished. In good conditon. Nothing else comes with the sale.

Asking price = 6.5k
People from chennai can look before buying. Can ship anywhere in India if buyer pays.

Thanks.
Raghu.

Dude, you need to post a ton of pics (all possible angles) so potential buyers get an idea about the condition... secondly, does it have a licensed Floyd Rose bridge or is it a normal bridge? 6.5k is a waaaayy too high for a 3-year old guitar with a normal bridge... I can get you a new Tansen (w/normal bridge) for 7.5k :)

Lastly, do not ship a guitar within India unless you pack it really well and use Bluedart or Fedex. You can't take chances man!

Bump and added pics. Interested people can ask me for better pics. The guitar is in excellent condition. Recently polished and no scratches. RIO, can you confirm that the tansen are actually available for 7k here?? My friend says they are no longer sold in Indian markets widely and cost around 12k. This is NOT HARMONY brand which are available for 6k. This was specifically made for the Jackson(USA) and says Tansen on it as you can see from the pics.

Raghu.

Attachments

• tansen2.JPG
    tansen2.JPG
    15.9 KB · Views: 185
  • tansen_jpg.JPG
    tansen_jpg.JPG
    14.4 KB · Views: 159
  • tansenjpg.JPG
    tansenjpg.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 152
  • tsnsen1.JPG
    tsnsen1.JPG
    13.1 KB · Views: 157
Good you've uploaded pics, but try to add some high res pics as well :)

This is the same guitar I bought 4 years ago for 7.5k, just a different color... and it looks like your friend changed the volume and tone control knobs. I was also refering to Tansen guitars (who supplied guitars to Jackson USA) - I got a custom guitar built by them back in 2000 because my dad knew the owner who is no more (R.I.P) - they lost the Jackson deal after he passed away.

Anyway, none of their guitars built for Jackson were sold in India... it just happened that they were one of the manufacturers for Jackson (there are a few in Japan and Phillipines). The major difference between the guitars exported and the ones sold in India is the quality check... Jackson has a very stringent selection process for guitars, therefore those guitars are of much higher quality than the Tansen branded ones. I've seen personally seen the difference... I have a Jackson (made in USA), 1 Fender, 2 Tansens and I've played on a friend's Jackson which is made in India... Tansens are nowhere close to the Jackson made in India - we have so much talent in India but it's sad that we exported great guitars and kept the average ones for ourselves :/

Add: close up of the fretboard and a pic from the bridge down the neck.

Anish, it's a Fender Squier strat... my dad's actually, but I've used and misused it at various gigs :)

dude is ur friend willing to lower the price?
and Rio.. can u tell me where i can get a new tansen jackson dinky shape electric in chennai??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back