Front loading or top loading washing machine?

Update:- looks like a one off issue. Engineer ran test mode. No leak. He opened back side and dried water stains at the bottom of the plastic. It is a mystery now. All good.
Looks like nothing was resolved. If the problem is still there you will know.

Test mode might be too short to test for a leak. A rinse & spin cycle might have been better

Looks like nothing was resolved. If the problem is still there you will know.

Test mode might be too short to test for a leak. A rinse & spin might have been better
He did all that too. Filled the machine drum halfway with water and then kept it spinning for atleast 10 mins. Maybe I keep the custom inlet pipe behind the Washing machine after use and it ,ay have some residual water which dropped when i was taking it out. Anyways coming weekend will get to know.

Maybe I keep the custom inlet pipe behind the Washing machine after use and it ,ay have some residual water which dropped when i was taking it out.
When you say custom inlet pipe do you mean you reconnect & disconnect the inlet or drain pipe every time you use the machine?
He opened back side and dried water stains at the bottom of the plastic. It is a mystery now. All good.
The plastic at the bottom is to prevent rats from entering the machine. Since you don't use a stand there is no chance for rats to enter the machine.

That suggests the leak was internal as water collected in the rat trap.

Last edited:
When you say custom inlet pipe do you mean you reconnect & disconnect the inlet or drain pipe every time you use the machine?
Yes I need to. There is not that feasibility to keep it connected.

The plastic at the bottom is to prevent rats. Since you don't use a stand there is no chance for rats to enter the machine.

That suggests the leak was internal as water collected in the rat trap.
My bad. There were no dried stains of water. I.e no evidence of water leakage. Edited the original comment.

Back