Freecharge.in - Not receiving coupons occasionally

mutant

Skilled
Before all of you start bashing me about how its all fine and how you received coupons n everything. Hear me out.

I had a feeling from quite a few days that this site is a fraud, I mean, I recharged like 10 times and never received any coupons. There customer support just sucks and they do not have any answers. There is no contact number that you can call them up, you search on Google for freecharge.in and 'freecharge.in scam' comes as search completion option. Then you get links to various consumer complaint forums and website ratings, where many people have submitted there bad experiences with them. Also if you check there facebook fan page, there are a good amount of people pissed off at them.

But one thing was clear, some people are getting coupons.

So, I asked 10 of my friends to make accounts on freechange.in and give it a shot. Each one of them recharged for 100 rs on the same-day. Being in college, we have the approximately the same address. So the coupons were same, the recharge was same, the address was same.

After 1 week, only one of the friends got coupons and the rest did not.

I asked them to repeat one more time. This time, one other friend got the coupons and the rest of them did not.

So, I think its pretty evident now. This company is using a 10% ratio of giving out coupons ( can be less, i guess...). While the rest of the 90% people are just stripped off the extra Rs 10 and they have all the customers also.

What do you guys think? whats your experience?

I just wanted to create this thread to warn the fellow members about this and may be they can warn there friends and most of us can be saved from there scam.

Mutant

UPDATE: I had a talk with the CEO of the company and it turned out to be courier guys issue. They were faking delivery and taking things for themselves. It has been sorted out now and I received all my coupons. So if any of you guys have the same problem, this might be the case, get in touch with there CEO and everything will be sorted out.

Thanks

there have been cases, where some people always receive them and others do not...I guess its not very random, but its there...most of the people who recharge, do not get coupons. At-least with my test, only 1 out of 10 got the coupon.

freecharge.in CC suck, they failed to refund unsuccessful transaction from SBI since last two months, did not even bother to read my complaint. I mailed transaction ID to CCavenue , frecharge.in but all in vain.

virus32win said:
freecharge.in CC suck, they failed to refund unsuccessful transaction from SBI since last two months, did not even bother to read my complaint. I mailed transaction ID to CCavenue , frecharge.in but all in vain.

Exactly, many people did not even get refunds for fail transactions...they just blame it on the bank and bank tells you to contact them...end of story. You are stuck in a loop.

Guys, i have an email id where you can contact the CEO directly. His name is Kunal, a nice genuine guy, have spoken to him a lot of times.
Just write down an email to him along with you transaction ID, and he would make sure that you receive them.
He would reply to your mail within 1 hour.
His id is : kunal.shah@freecharge.in

i have always received them .. there might be a problem at your college address where the coupons are misplaced .. try another address

akhurana said:
i have always received them .. there might be a problem at your college address where the coupons are misplaced .. try another address
If that was the case, why would 1 guy out of 10, get the coupon?

Well, I have always received the coupons. Also, got refunds within 2-3 days when I had failed transactions (happened twice)!

I also have the received the coupons every time I ordered them no issue at all. Sometimes more coupons than ordered.

mutant said:
If that was the case, why would 1 guy out of 10, get the coupon?
well when i say misplaced , it doesn't mean that each and every letter coming in will get misplaced like there is a guy sitting stealing every freecharge coupon.. they are misplaced due to carelessness of guards/receptionist whatever ...

i have been using it for more than three month for more than 2k a month, and every time I opt for coupons, I seem to be getting my coupons. Have experience transaction failures couple of time n both times the money was credited back in a week or so.

Overall, I dont think there is much for them to lose actually. coupons dont cost them much anyway. The only complaint I have if I can call it a complain is that they only seem to have macd coupons nowdays which are useful. Intitial ebay ones were great :p

I used to get coupons.. but not any longer.. I didn't receive any coupons for my last 4-5 recharges. As there is no contact no., I'm fed up to chase these people..

They're genuine.
I've recharged from them about 10 times, out of which 3-4 transactions failed (through my fault), and was refunded the money in each case, automatically.
I've gotten my coupons within 5 working days, except in 1 case. In that instance I emailed customer care, and they sent me about 8 coupons when I'd only asked for 4-5. They replied to my emails within 24 hrs, and about 5 days after I got the extra coupons they sent my original order. Also, they usually add 1-2 extra coupons with every order.

Additionally the free recharge top ups occur almost instantly while a normal online recharge can take upto 30 mins before you get the balance.

I think it's a great site, and definitely not fraudulent.

I use them all the time and before I used to also opt for coupons where I always got coupons and also sometimes more coupons than eligible. Also had 2 failed transactions where the money was refunded promptly in 4-5 days, but they took about 3 days to reply to my complaint email.

These days I don't order coupons but do recharge through them always, thanks to the pathetic online recharge facility of tata docomo official site which most of the time doesn't work.

i don't know about the refund but...i got 3Xletsbuy coupons ( i shared and used 'em all ) 2Xbarista 2Xibibo and 1 shopper's stop coupons for 3X100rs recharge..i think they're delivered me coupons more than i deserve

Back