Free or opensource mobile app that shows internet usage by hour and has widgets and speed meter?

6pack

ex-Mod
On Pixel, there's no speed meter in notification or status bar. So we need to install another app to see these things. I have installed NetSpeed Indicator for real time speed in status bar and Data Monitor for widget and data usage statistics. Data Monitor has a beta version net speed but it does not work properly. The speed shown is wrong or zero.
So why am I searching for a new app? Data monitor or NetSpeed does not show what app is currently using data. Sometimes I see the phone downloading something from internet at 6+ Mb/s and can't figure out what is doing it. Sometimes its Play Store, other times it could be Google app. Sometimes I wake up from sleep in morning and see 100+ MBs have been downloaded at night by something. And Data Monitor does not show what has downloaded it.It just shows per day usage of all apps - same as what android shows.

Glasswire is not updated for A14 so can't install it on my phone. So is there another free or opensource app that shows app or android phone data usage by hour?

Sadly, no. It does not have anything I want.
- no speed meter in notification or status bar
- no widgets

uninstalled it since gui is very bleak and frankly not looking at a traffic analyzer. Thanks for searching though. :)

Well, here is your solution @6pack. GlassWire has long been updated to be fully compatible with A14 API level 34. To be precise, that would be December 12, 2023.

Changelog of GlassWire 3.0.386r:

- The target API version updated.
- Google Billing Library updated.
- Data usage to show more accuracy to the nearest 2 decimals.
- Bug not detecting data used from the MIUI Themes app fixed.
- Migration from Kotlin Synthetics to ViewBinding.
- Other UI improvements and bug fixes.

Glasss.png

That being said, here is a FOSS Swiss army knife tool for network monitoring on all of your Desktop platforms. Zero Ads, zero paywalls. Works on Linux, Windows and MacOS.

Sniffnet -

Last edited:
Back