Free Firewall

terrordrone

Disciple
Hi ppl
i wanted a free firewall as i cant put a pirated software on my laptop
ive put in avg antivirus..
need some firewall which is good and trustable like avg in anti-virus..
thanks

comodo is the very good free firewall out there right now. passes all leaktests and such. theres also jetico which is very light on the system

Comodo is good...but u can put Kaspersky Internet Security which has an AV as well as Firewall.. It isnt free, but u can install the beta product without any cost and test and give them feedback... You can download the beta from kaspersky beta FTP

i have KIS on my laptop. with antivirus switched off. its got the best outbound control. Desktop i use Comodo i have some features switched off tho.

Try comodo if its your first ever Firewall. These days firewalls are as imp as your AV.

i used the comodo personal firewall
its superb for a free software
ive used mcaffee and avg firewalls before... i think this is the best one ive come across

Heard good things about Comodo. Me still with last free version of Sygate Personal Firewall + AVast Home though. Comodo was kinda intimidating :ashamed:

Comodo firewall is the best free firewall software. Earlier I used Jetico but from version 2 onwards, it got paid ..
Comodo will let you define packet based rules and will monitor the applications that you've enabled access to Internet to see if some process is injecting its code to access the Internet.

AFAIK PG is not a firewall per se. Its just an app that blocks connections from IP addresses that are in the lists.

Also, Is there any good firewall for Vista? I tried Comodo but i think its not compatible with vista. The application monitor rtc. are not starting up even after several restarts.

Back