Flipkart's Diwali Cyber Sale

You may Sell the product at MRP, No offense.
If you sell the product at Same price which you usually do after applying the So called Discounts is Called CHEATING.
Unethical is no longer applicable to any business.

Not sure when this Flipkart bashing started, but the fact of the matter is that, the ultimate onus rests on the buyer to do his due diligence before purchasing anything anywhere. Yes, Flipkart "cheats". And so do most other online shopping sites. There is no point in harping the same story every time a post or thread about Flipkart surfaces. It is getting annoying, to be honest. Rather, whenever you feel there is a better deal somewhere else for every deal or sale on Flipkart, please post that link. Please keep all feedback regarding the site restricted to the threads in Consumer Feedback section. Spare the other threads.
P.S: This is not directed at any one member specifically.

Not sure when this Flipkart bashing started, but the fact of the matter is that, the ultimate onus rests on the buyer to do his due diligence before purchasing anything anywhere. Yes, Flipkart "cheats". And so do most other online shopping sites. There is no point in harping the same story every time a post or thread about Flipkart surfaces. It is getting annoying, to be honest. Rather, whenever you feel there is a better deal somewhere else for every deal or sale on Flipkart, please post that link. Please keep all feedback regarding the site restricted to the threads in Consumer Feedback section. Spare the other threads.
Flipkart bashing starts when u have 7 continuous botched up orders, which were placed only due to urgency and fact that flipkart apparently delivered quite fast.

Then hype is created about a sale. And we have rubbish prices, fake MRPs.

@prateekS I understand your frustration. But please start a thread about your Flipkart experience in the consumer feedback section. That would be far more useful and in context than posting here. The same applies to others having a peeve with FK too. ABout this sale and the hype, as I mentioned earlier, it is the buyer's responsibility to check everywhere for price comparisons and site reviews.

Getting tired of this S#it in every thread. You want to post your experience post it a thread and rant.

Dont post same thing again and again.

i was thinking to order stuff with SC card but last time when i had ordered a Note 2 in cashback offer with Axis bank card they didnt pay cashback for 2 months. after lots of complains and threats to take legal action they transferred the 5k cashback .. lots of other users had faced the same issue.. hope the SC cashback comes for buyers without hassles this time..

Totally agreed...

Knowing all retailer do this now and then, its up to us to decide from where to buy ?
The thread has gone as if flipkart has made mandatory to buy from them ?

Not everyone has the time or the expertise to do due diligence. People trust that when a sale happens, they will get a better deal than the original price.
In Dubai and many countries, if stores jack up the price before a sale, they are fined heavily and even imprisoned for fraud. There are official bodies that do due diligence for sales.

It is unfortunate that a brand of Flipkart's stature is resorting to such activities. (Directly or through listed merchants)

What people are b*tching about is the common practice of all big brand, multi-speciality retailers. Almost every single one of these stores, physical or online, will mark up prices of common items by 20% or so, and then create a sale where they will happily give us 15% discount. We as consumers will always fall for it, that is the premise of business profiteering. No one is forcing anyone to buy anything, if people don't like the prices then they should move on.

My Flipkart experience has been top notch so far. All shipments be it tech, shoes, watches, or books, have been delivered within 3 business days without any trouble. This time around the added cashback incentive was a nice move. I already got confirmation email from Flipkart about the cashback, that it will be processed by 30th November. In case of any issues I will raise hell, but that remain to be seen.

Oh and there were items from 4 different sellers in my final order, amounting to INR 10K+, which will get me my cashback in due time.

Not everyone has the time or the expertise to do due diligence. People trust that when a sale happens, they will get a better deal than the original price.
In Dubai and many countries, if stores jack up the price before a sale, they are fined heavily and even imprisoned for fraud. There are official bodies that do due diligence for sales.

It is unfortunate that a brand of Flipkart's stature is resorting to such activities. (Directly or through listed merchants)

You are correct in some aspects. Dubai can afford to monitor and crack down on unscrupulous people, but don't even for a second think that people don't make a killer profit over markup prices in Dubai. Heck the very idea of consumer based society rises from the demand and artificial short supply of products. No seller will offer you anything at his loss. However a great deal you are getting, the seller will always profit from it.

Due diligence is our job IMO. If you don't look for a good enough deal for an item that you want, then why should you expect anybody else to do it for you? A fool and his money are easily parted.

you'd be eligible for cashback only for the products bought from ws retail , a.k.a flipkart
Offer Terms & Conditions
  • Get Extra 10% Cashback on purchases of Rs. 10,000 or more on domestic Standard Chartered credit and debit cards (including Manhattan credit cards)
  • This offer is valid starting from 20th October 2013 and ending on 3rd November 2013
  • The maximum cashback that can be redeemed on a card (including all add-on cards) on the Standard Chartered cashback offers (from 7th October to 3rd November) is Rs. 5,000
  • This offer is valid on purchases from all sellers on flipkart.com
  • For an order to be eligible for the cashback, it should be paid for in-full by a Standard Chartered credit or debit card. Partial payment by Wallet or eGiftVoucher not applicable
  • The cashback will be credited to your credit card/bank account before 30th November 2013

Anyone from Mumbai has Standard Chartered account and willing to make a purchase on my behalf, let me know i want to buy a lappy of 30k+

Back