Flipkart to shut down website by April 2016 and Migrate to App

There was a time when people used to lookup flipkart prices from the internet and then they used to base there buying decession for that product. They also used it as one stop point for referencing about a particular product.
Unfortunately, from the time flipkart have shut down there mobile site version. That is no longer possible as people won't be able to lookup those prices without installing there silly app. After all window shopping is the first step before buying decession is made.

I myself including google have thus stopped showing flipkart price results for searches. This have resulted for more traffic on sites like amazon and ebay or snapdeal. I don't know what they are thinking but, I have not visited there site since they have made the app on my mobile phone.

And this for me is going to hurt them in the long run. As people tend to buy products after compairing there prices on google first. And flipkart is not present there. So, its no more in my sight and for me it's kind of dead. People would soon forget about flipkart. As nobody would take the hassle of installing and surfing all competitors apps just to buy a product.

Why would anyone want to stop a desktop site and go "app only"?

And I tried to install the app on my android and it requires permissions for my photos/media/files etc, camera, device history - WHY??

I was planning to buy a laptop for my folks off Flipkart and looks like I'm gonna take my business elsewhere. Not that Flipkart will lose anything significant, but the next time someone asks me about price online, I know one service I'm not gonna even mention. :\

LrtnqvVp.jpeg

I'll download their app.. Buy 5k worth and return it.

Reason: I thought its light colored but it is a bit dark and also I couldn't notice the design on tee's. Basically I hate designs on Tee's.

If 1000 do like that lesson learnt for them.

The point is that these guys are running their business on money that is not theirs to begin with. Everyone of these e-com sites are running in losses and still being funded by VC's. So they have got nothing to lose from idiotic decisions like these. Ask them take such insane business risks on the weight of their own earnings and they would never dare.

7 out of 10 people are down rating the app.

BTW this idea looks purely from marwari flipkart Bansals, they're doing trials on myntra if it succeeds good for them or else gaya myntra. But nothing should happen to Brand Flipkart. Mean bas***ds

Last edited:
Back