Flipkart - Feedback Thread

I got scammed. It was an open-box delivery, but I wasn't as careful as usual.

I got a cheap Intel processor instead of the Ryzen 9 7950x I bought from Flipkart. The box is a legit AMD box.

20240511_154211.jpg

The delivery person opened the box without asking me, and since I was in the middle of work, I was in a rush.

He 'opened' the box with his key, but the seal on the processor box and tape on the Flipkart box both seem to have been opened by something sharper. When I said he should have asked me before opening the box, he said 'sorry, sir'.

From what I can tell, the box was already opened, and he didn't wait for me to ask him to open it since he was in on the scam and just pretended to break the seal.

Unfortunately, after seeing the processor with a Ryzen 7000 sticker, I gave him the OTP.

I've raised a complaint with Flipkart and hope to get a legit replacement or my money back.

Let this be yet another warning for everyone considering purchasing from Flipkart.

PS. The seller was RetailNet.

Last edited:

Posted this here too, for those not tracking this thread.

I got a cheap Intel processor instead of the Ryzen 9 7950x I bought from Flipkart. The box is a legit AMD box.

View attachment 196741

The delivery person opened the box without asking me, and since I was in the middle of work, I was in a rush.

He 'opened' the box with his key, but the seal on the processor box and tape on the Flipkart box both seem to have been opened by something sharper. When I said he should have asked me before opening the box, he said 'sorry, sir'.

From what I can tell, the box was already opened, and he didn't wait for me to ask him to open it since he was in on the scam and just pretended to break the seal.

Unfortunately, after seeing the processor with a Ryzen 7000 sticker, I gave him the OTP.

I've raised a complaint with Flipkart and hope to get a legit replacement or my money back.

Let this be yet another warning for everyone considering purchasing from Flipkart.

Wonder why these guys are in a hurry to open the box. When I got the 5800x, the delivery boy was in a hurry to open the box .

@Prakhar Srivastava ..by any chance you might have CCTV footage too installed that could have captured this.
It might help your case further.

Hope this gets resolved for you soon.

I was watching a YouTube review on tablets and this reviewer too warned of scams on Flipkart. It took me with bit of a surprise to see. That Flipkart scams are so rampant that everywhere it is being warned of.

Thanks for sharing this . It helps other members.
Wonder why these guys are in a hurry to open the box. When I got the 5800x, the delivery boy was in a hurry to open the box .
In their defence and from general human prospective...they have lot of stuffs to deliver and it is very routine and monotonous for them. That makes them want to quickly get it done and move to next.
Ofcourse scammers will take advantage of this too.

But I have seen people making them wait for 15-20 mins to pay cods...change nahi hai. Then they will arrange change and sometimes after all that They will refuse purchase.

Last edited:
I think the scam happens mostly from the seller side. The delivery personal just has to complete as many orders as he can to earn more. Their commission is based on the quantity of product delivery. However there are a few percentage of scam that occurs from delivery personal, they are mostly on mobile cases, which they can use personally, if they got successful. For other items like MB, Processor,etc the scam is mostly occurs at seller end. Open-box delivery is ment to prevent such scams, but the delivery personal, just to deliver quickly, destroys the very purpose of it.

I think the scam happens mostly from the seller side. The delivery personal just has to complete as many orders as he can to earn more. Their commission is based on the quantity of product delivery. However there are a few percentage of scam that occurs from delivery personal, they are mostly on mobile cases, which they can use personally, if they got successful. For other items like MB, Processor,etc the scam is mostly occurs at seller end. Open-box delivery is ment to prevent such scams, but the delivery personal, just to deliver quickly, destroys the very purpose of it.
I dont think they will risk their job and all for just mobile cases. which can be got for as cheap as Rs 100 these days.

Can't say for sure for processor/mobo now but yes they should be in similar manner from my experience of mobo purchase from flipkart a few months back. Flipkart does not provide serial no. in invoice for pc components & even on amazon stuff like ram is sold without serial no. in invoice but that's standard practice for ram at least it seems. You also don't really need serial no. in invoice at least for processors I think as long as you have any genuine receipt & the original box+fan.
Flipkart support have responded back asking for Snapshot of serial no of the motherboard and details. I have replied back, hoping this would get resolved.

Agree just bought couple of items last week from Flipkart, and they were in a hurry to open the box and show the package. The just use the scooter or bike key, to tear open the packing and then show the stuff inside and rush away post taking the OTP. Luckily all the products were delivered correctly no scam. At least Flipkart is doing open box and you get to see. Amazon delivery guy just dumped and left the NVME SSD and Ram packages in front of the door and left. They did not even bother to get OTP.

Because they have many deliveries to make and aren't given enough time allowance for open box deliveries. Or because their incentive is tied to number of deliveries and faster deliveries will allow them to make more deliveries.

I thought these things would be obvious. Delivery people aren't paid for slowly and calmly opening the box in front of you.

Flipkart support have responded back asking for Snapshot of serial no of the motherboard and details. I have replied back, hoping this would get resolved.
I seriously doubt it, I had my case escalated to their Chennai grievance dept which is the highest level one can reach as customer on flipkart unless escalating the case via consumer complaint portal & they specifically told me that they/their system cannot issue a new/modified invoice & the only option they can give is return & full refund of the amt paid even if it was weeks after the purchase & well outside of their 7 days replacement period. Most likely you will get the same result.

You mean the processor top metal lid has ryzen 7970x written along with serial no. as visible from the side transparent slot in any processor box (some sophisticated scams even change the upper metal lid as I have seen here in a scam from flipkart back in 2022 I think, will update the post with thread link if I am able to find it)?

P.S. got the thread:

Last edited:
You literally didn't paid attention and checked the item during open box delivery, you were being irresponsible ,how can you held anyone else responsible for it? You should have been on your guard ,the delivery guys are in a hurry cause they don't make much money and have other items to delivery ,i just tip them 50rs after every open box delivery and they don't seem to mind stopping for even 10 15 minutes for me, i checked all the pins and everything and the delivery guy was still fine,in your case its so easily visible thats its not a ryzen processor.i do hope you get your refund but you are in for a tough battle since u basically ignored the everything open box delivery is for

Received my Synology 420j today . No packing , just received in Synology own brown carton with shipping label pasted on it .
Some members received with a worn outer packing but alas nothing here . Imagine if it has been HDDs ..... then screwed

You mean the processor top metal lid has ryzen 7970x written along with serial no. as visible from the side transparent slot in any processor box (some sophisticated scams even change the upper metal lid as I have seen here in a scam from flipkart back in 2022 I think, will update the post with thread link if I am able to find it)?

P.S. got the thread:
It's just the Ryzen 7000 sticker, which I should have caught. It was not sophisticated enough that I couldn't have caught it. I definitely should have been smarter here.

You literally didn't paid attention and checked the item during open box delivery, you were being irresponsible ,how can you held anyone else responsible for it? You should have been on your guard ,the delivery guys are in a hurry cause they don't make much money and have other items to delivery ,i just tip them 50rs after every open box delivery and they don't seem to mind stopping for even 10 15 minutes for me, i checked all the pins and everything and the delivery guy was still fine,in your case its so easily visible thats its not a ryzen processor.i do hope you get your refund but you are in for a tough battle since u basically ignored the everything open box delivery is for
Buddy, everyone makes mistakes. I suspect the dude was involved because he broke protocol by opening the boxes without asking. Also, since the AMD box's seal was obviously broken, he should have stopped there instead of pushing me for the OTP. I get where you're coming from, but a blame game isn't going to help anyone, especially since I didn't know enough about these scams. Of course, I'm hoping to get my money back, but I have learned a valuable lesson.

I will update here based on my discussions with Flipkart.

It's just the Ryzen 7000 sticker, which I should have caught. It was not sophisticated enough that I couldn't have caught it. I definitely should have been smarter here.

Buddy, everyone makes mistakes. I suspect the dude was involved because he broke protocol by opening the boxes without asking. Also, since the AMD box's seal was obviously broken, he should have stopped there instead of pushing me for the OTP. I get where you're coming from, but a blame game isn't going to help anyone, especially since I didn't know enough about these scams. Of course, I'm hoping to get my money back, but I have learned a valuable lesson.

I will update here based on my discussions with Flipkart.
Hey man not blaming you, just pointing out that its properly not the delivery guy ,they push for otp because if you reject the delivery they won't get paid for it ,a delivery guy won't have much use for a processor without bill and box unless he is an enthusiast too,i do hope you get your money back, but as i said it will be a difficult battle, if the sticker were same you should have tried the defective route.

I will keep saying it - DO NOT BUY PC PARTS/BIG TICKET ITEMS/ANYTHING OVER 5K FROM FRAUDKART. They have become pathetic these days, with rampant scams. They seem to care less about resolving anything, especially on the seller side (where the scams mostly originate). They've become like OLA (especially their electric bikes) - big talk, no substance.

I will keep saying it - DO NOT BUY PC PARTS/BIG TICKET ITEMS/ANYTHING OVER 5K FROM FRAUDKART. They have become pathetic these days, with rampant scams. They seem to care less about resolving anything, especially on the seller side (where the scams mostly originate).
Flipkart has completely washed its hands off ensuring product quality. The responsibility has been shifted entirely on to the buyer now.

If you are not able or willing to take that responsibility, then do yourself a favor and buy from Amazon/physical store. Once you see Open Box Delivery on any product, just remember that you have to be there in person and check everything carefully before sharing OTP.

There's no point crying about spilt milk, we all know Flipkart doesn't take any responsibility for open box deliveries. Especially users of this forum and Reddit should have heard enough by now. OBD means you're responsible for ensuring you don't get scammed, fair or not, it doesn't matter. There are no regulations in this regard in India it will be very difficult to get a resolution. So, accept the risk and be cautious or avoid the risk and buy from other places.

View attachment 196742

Oh God... this is so horrible! Your mistake was that you gave him the OTP... sheesh! Happens man... hope you get your refund and FK solves this issue. Good luck!

View attachment 196742

If the guy opens the box without you first inspecting the seal do not accept.
Ditto experience some time back.

I'm hoping to get my money back
Not to be pessimistic here but if you used icici credit card then you can forget about the chargeback for such cases because icici does not have a policy for chargeback for cases where product is marked as delivered especially with otp. For other banks credit cards you will have to fight a long battle with no guarantee of success either unless it was amex card (the only cc in India currently which favours its customers first in any situation).

Back