Flipkart delivers fake speaker, delists seller

avi

Skilled
A Gurgaon-based software professional who ordered a speaker from Flipkart found the product delivered did not have a seal, bar code or price tag, and read 'Made in China'.

This comes days after a consumer received a brick and soap bar instead of a mobile phone from a seller on rival e-marketplace Snapdeal.

"I am surprised Flipkart does not check that the product it or its vendor, Deal Junction in this case, is selling is a fake," said the consumer, who did not wish to be named.

Also, an organisation called the Artists Rights Protection Society has started a petition against Flipkart on Change.org, asking it to ban as many as 39 sellers. According to Sanjay Gupta of the Artists Society, who started the petition, these sellers are selling products that infringe copyright.

"Due to e-commerce portals like Flipkart.com, where anyone can sell stolen art, there has been an exponential rise in the past year of cases in which logos, trademarks and original artwork are being incorporated into various products without consent from their owners," Gupta said in his petition.

source - http://www.business-standard.com/ar...ke-speaker-delists-seller-114112200012_1.html

This is a ploy by offline sellers whose rozee roti has been affected due to online e-tailers to malign the name of online portals. They produce all kind of documents so that flipkart or any marketplace registers them as a genuine seller.

Unbelievable.

Couldnt understand the language spoken but I am just STUNNED something like this happened.

Was the seller WS Retail or some 3rd party?

After reading OP article I'm starting to doubt Logitech speaker Z443 genuineness bought from Snapdeal which is selling at 45% right now and got a high rating.

A friend of mine connected Iphone to its input and got a nasty shock as Iphone had a metal body. Replacement also had the same fault. A logitech brand cant sell poorly designed speakers.

I've already checked the Mains with multimeter and it was perfect and so the only conclusion I can draw is that speaker design was faulty.

I have brought loads of stuff from flipkart, snapdeal and amazon for myself and friends / relatives but till today have never encountered any problems, over all the sum of purchases from FK, SD and Amazon well exceeds 3.5 lakhs.

I always purchase from AmazonFulfilled/WSretail/Snapdeal-VOI Sellers. I dont know why do people buy from sellers who have poor feedback.

Last edited:
Yes
I have brought loads of stuff from flipkart, snapdeal and amazon for myself and friends / relatives but till today have never encountered any problems, over all the sum of purchases from FK, SD and Amazon well exceeds 3.5 lakhs.

Yes, never had a single bad experience from Flipkart [and now Amazon] over many years and many orders.

If stuff like this happens, it wont matter who the seller is -

Via TOI -
GURGAON: Two men assigned to deliver goods ordered on online shopping portal Flipkart have been arrested for allegedly stealing two mobile phones and an iPad.

The two were produced in a city court on Tuesday and sent to judicial custody.

Saurabh Shekhar, an employee of Flipkart in Gurgaon, lodged a complaint with the Sector 18 police station, stating some customers had said they had not received the products ordered online.

An investigation revealed the two delivery boys, Yogender and Deepak Raj, had collected the products but had not delivered them. Shekhar then lodged a complaint against the two. An FIR for criminal breach of trust was registered, and both were arrested. Police have also recovered the stolen iPad and two mobiles from their possession. They were produced in a city court on Tuesday which remanded them to judicial custody.

According to experts, instances of loss of goods in transit are happening frequently in Gurgaon and in some cases, it is difficult to take legal steps.

Rajender Yadav, a legal expert, said a major problem faced by customers was finding the appropriate authority to file their grievance. "More often than not, the client doesn't even know any brick-and-mortar office of the company he has placed an order with," Yadav said.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...steal-Flipkart-goods/articleshow/45278388.cms

Back