[Flipkart] Asus RT-N13U B1 @ 1890

^What do you mean by you are not sure there is no modem ?

The beetel router you're using is itself a router+modem combo, there's no need for separate modem.

The cord not plugged error could be due to some other reason.

so is it possible to use it as a modem only? how do i do that? would it become the bottleneck instead of my brand new router if there is a way to do that?

I don't understand this. The Asus router doesn't have an inbuilt modem? I have a cable BB connection (PPPoE), so do I need a modem for that? I am currently using a TP-Link 740N Wi-Fi router.

I am thoroughly confused now. So if I need a modem, do I continue using the TP-Link router and connect the Asus to it using LAN cable? I can use the regular features of the Asus RT-N13U router after that?

I don't understand this. The Asus router doesn't have an inbuilt modem? I have a cable BB connection (PPPoE), so do I need a modem for that? I am currently using a TP-Link 740N Wi-Fi router.

I am thoroughly confused now. So if I need a modem, do I continue using the TP-Link router and connect the Asus to it using LAN cable? I can use the regular features of the Asus RT-N13U router after that?

Your connection doesnt require a modem as it is PPPOE. You just need a router to get wireless internet.

Directly connect your cable to the router and viola everything s done except for the software settings.

actually he came and rectified it but he has put the airtel beetel modem first and then connected my router from within that...

is it possible to remove the beetel modem from between?[DOUBLEPOST=1384597102][/DOUBLEPOST]
Your connection doesnt require a modem as it is PPPOE. You just need a router to get wireless internet.

Directly connect your cable to the router and viola everything s done except for the software settings.

Does this hold true for the airtel bb connection as well or is he talking about a different isp?

@vantheman5211
@AsidXxx

Last edited:
so is it possible to use it as a modem only? how do i do that? would it become the bottleneck instead of my brand new router if there is a way to do that?

No you can't do that. No, there will be no bottleneck.

is it possible to remove the beetel modem from between?[DOUBLEPOST=1384597102][/DOUBLEPOST]

Does this hold true for the airtel bb connection as well or is he talking about a different isp?

@vantheman5211
@AsidXxx

No & No.

I connected the WAN line to the Internet port of the router and still nothing. And the LAN cable to LAN1 and laptop. This is the error that I get now (screenshot attached).

Also, I should be using the router mode only right? And not repeater/AP?

Asus really makes the most user unfriendly software. Setting up my TP Link router was such a breeze.

Attachments

• 1384659208614.jpg
    1384659208614.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 173
^^ This Asus one is just a router; so are you using a modem separately with it? I am using an ADSL modem+router and then two more routers afterwards. One of them is RT-N13 and it worked without any special setup. All present generation routers work right out of the box.

What the hell does this mean,
  • Download Master: 24 hours downloading even PC is shut down
How it suppose to download stuffs when PC is off? :eek:

Last edited:
What the hell does this mean,
  • Download Master: 24 hours downloading even PC is shut down
How it suppose to download stuffs when PC is off? :eek:

You need to Connect external hard drive to router USB port... Router automatically download data into hard disk through added file into router torrent client...
It's way to much simple then it sound...

Back