[Flipkart] Asus RT-N13U B1 @ 1890

Does it work with airtel Internet... I am always confused with all that modem and dsl adsl things... I have a 8 mbps connection in bangalore If that helps answer my question

Does it work with airtel Internet... I am always confused with all that modem and dsl adsl things... I have a 8 mbps connection in bangalore If that helps answer my question

Of course it will work Its a router !!!! It will route your broadband or 3g connection . That,s its job.

It is a Router without Modem so you will need to add it along with your current modem. If you are looking for an ADSL2+ modem/router you can try this

http://www.flipkart.com/tp-link-td-...odem&ref=611aeda3-35f4-450f-b541-25387c1f3c8e
Thanks..couple of questions:

1. Is the modem the small 1 in 2 out thing which has 1 landline attached and the other goes into the router? I already have that from airtel so shouldnt be a problem IF i am right
2. Out of the 2 which is better? I want one which has better range and can stream hd without stuttering etc.

I understand those are totally noob questions but if you could answer them would be really great...this is what has been stopping me from getting a new router all this while

1. Is the modem the small 1 in 2 out thing which has 1 landline attached and the other goes into the router? I already have that from airtel so shouldnt be a problem IF i am right
2. Out of the 2 which is better? I want one which has better range and can stream hd without stuttering etc.

I understand those are totally noob questions but if you could answer them would be really great...this is what has been stopping me from getting a new router all this while

1. Yes. Telephone line in and Ethernet out. OR to put it another way, RJ11 in and RJ45 out.

2. I think the ASUS one would be better.

I bought it for 3200/- nearly 1 yr back :(

2. I think the ASUS one would be better.

Nope, as far as the range is considered, the TP Link is waay better. I have tested both of them. In fact, the TP Link router I had, was the most basic model. But that doesn't mean that the Asus has a bad range; it's perfectly fine. Worked across 3 floors in my case.

Regarding streaming, if @msankadi is talking about streaming in WLAN, then it "should" be fine for both, didn't try that.

Nope, as far as the range is considered, the TP Link is waay better. I have tested both of them. In fact, the TP Link router I had, was the most basic model. But that doesn't mean that the Asus has a bad range; it's perfectly fine. Worked across 3 floors in my case.

Regarding streaming, if @msankadi is talking about streaming in WLAN, then it "should" be fine for both, didn't try that.
Thanks both for the answers...

I dont need the torrent downloading capacity and if the range is better for tp link i am thinking i will buy that one...

are there any other advantages of the asus model? I am tempted to buy that one since its showing a huge discount and i am thinking maybe it is better thats why priced higher??[DOUBLEPOST=1384281712][/DOUBLEPOST]itna sochte-2 offer hi nikal gaya[DOUBLEPOST=1384282568][/DOUBLEPOST]:D:D okay bought the item@1900 lets see how it goes...

Last edited:

2.95K from prime ABGB and has been RMAed once.

I know the range on both is quite similar, YMMV. I purely pointed at the N13 due to N300 and USB.

3 floors? Wow. We need to have a chat - I dont like my signal going that far :p

^lol. How much signal range will cover, is a very subjective question. The one which worked for me across 3 floors, may not even reach second in your case. The variations in building structures, designs, presence other signal reflecting/absorbing materials, and whatnot.

PS: Range on the two routers is not at all similar. The asus lacks by at least 20-30% margin.

I am trying to configure this router with my cable BB connection and I keep getting '2 or more wired connections detected' error, and won't go any further.

Using stock f/w, and using the utilities that came bundled on the CD. Using the WPS wizard to configure. Connected the BB connection jack to WAN port, and connected the LAN cable to LAN port of laptop and LAN1 on router.

My ISP has this MAC address binding thing, so any new h/w connected would require a MAC refresh. This is pending. I am not sure what's causing the issue.

^ Try disabling all network cards in your pc except the one connected to N13U. Mine started working after I disabled virtual adapters created by vmware.

i have a very noob question...I am not sure if there is a modem connected to my airtel connection...

it has a adsl2+ beetle router currently...i am trying to use this router but it keeps saying cord not plugged...is it because there is no modem connected?

if yes how do i get it? does airtel provide it? how much does it charge? would it be better to buy the same from outside instead?

^What do you mean by you are not sure there is no modem ?

The beetel router you're using is itself a router+modem combo, there's no need for separate modem.

The cord not plugged error could be due to some other reason.

Back