Graphic Cards fixing ur dead graphics card by putting them in oven

Whoa.. The micro fracture thing is 100% right? I am looking for more logical explanation of it, before i bake my GPU. :eek:hyeah:

NOOBIE WARNING: DONT DARE TO PUT IN UR MICROWAVE OVEN!!!

OVEN and MICROWAVE OVEN are two different things!!!

Putting GPU into microwave may coz sudden death of all three (GPU, Microwave, Owner) :rofl:

madnav said:
for fun part....one can try baking cds n dvds in microwave oven... :p

cd.jpg

Excellent find, just had my nvidia die on me & this heating up the card trick worked out well, I am back online from my main rig.

I have an old AGP 5200 FX which died a few months ago. I want to sell it.
Any Takers for the card?
Directions for use:
1.Bake well before use.
2.blah blah blah...

It worked 100%. I initially tried hair dryer, but I think the heat wasnt enough, so heated up the oven to full (People thought I was gonna cook something, cake anyone?), took a glass borosil dish, removed the heatsink, cleaned up the card of all dust etc with a brush, removed the thermal paste, and popped it in.

I kept opening it every minute to see if I could smell solder. By the 6th minute I could, so I turned the oven off, took the dish out using oven mitts, let it cool normally (no fan), an hr later put it in the rig... and we have liftoff :D :D :D

axeman said:
It worked 100%. I initially tried hair dryer, but I think the heat wasnt enough, so heated up the oven to full (People thought I was gonna cook something, cake anyone?), took a glass borosil dish, removed the heatsink, cleaned up the card of all dust etc with a brush, removed the thermal paste, and popped it in.

I kept opening it every minute to see if I could smell solder. By the 6th minute I could, so I turned the oven off, took the dish out using oven mitts, let it cool normally (no fan), an hr later put it in the rig... and we have liftoff :D :D :D

:S are u serious? :S

Yes, heated oven to 250 degrees settings and did all the above.

I am typing from my rig running the same card even now.

^Woah, congrats on getting the card resuscitated.

TechHead you listening? Get my 4850's ass into your oven ASAP! :lol:

On a serious note, what does this trick do exactly? Kinda resolder all the components on the circuitry?

Back