Audio Fixing broken cable of iem(Brainwav R1)

manojkrishnaks

Disciple
Hi all,
I m using brainwavz R1 iem from little more than a year.almost 6 month back the insulation of the cable at at the edge on the right ear plug started wearing off.Today the wire is cut completely. Is it possible to fix it anyways?

yup..it can be easily done..using soldering iron..i have done it many times with my iem's whenever they got any sort of either plug damage or cable damage.. check your local mechanic who repairs electronic stuff..

@harshit143, I have opened it :) yeah she got little damage.Now i have to find person who can solder such tiny wire.It looks very tricky. i had Soundmagic pl11 with broken cable i could open that as well. hope some one can fix it

soldering can be done on your own, take a loot at some YouTube video on how it's done. I have fixed my 7 yrs old Sennheiser CX300 and Philips SHE9800 using those tips I got from YouTube vids

Please note that, 3.5mm jack wire comes from right unit. However it is not open-able. :( So I will not be able to solder it to PCB but rather I have to join it.

Back