Fix me a fitness regime

hatter

Skilled
I am a beginner... hit the gym about a month ago.

Aim is simple: I need exercises that keep me fit, my body flexible and overall health normal.

Problem is that I utilize gym in the place where I work and owing to schedule, go for exercise around midnight. That means there is no instructor. A couple of people have suggested exercises, but I would love to hear what fitness gurus at TE have to say about it:

Weight: 67 (trying to lose around 4-5Kg)

Height: 5'6"

Build: Average

Initially I started walking on treadmill. Nowadays I am jogging/walking on treadmill for little over 3km in 22-24 mins (two sessions of 12 mins with one minute break) and doing cycling for 3km in 10 minutes. Well it's not exactly cycling but working on a cycle like device where you don't sit but stand on a few broad pedals and then move forward (know the name of this machine, please tell)

I am not interested in weight training, unless it is important. Aerobics stuff is more interesting to me. I especially need help on stretching etc.

hatter said:
I am a beginner... hit the gym about a month ago.

Aim is simple: I need exercises that keep me fit, my body flexible and overall health normal.

Problem is that I utilize gym in the place where I work and owing to schedule, go for exercise around midnight. That means there is no instructor. A couple of people have suggested exercises, but I would love to hear what fitness gurus at TE have to say about it:

Weight: 67 (trying to lose around 4-5Kg)
Height: 5'6"
Build: Average

Initially I started walking on treadmill. Nowadays I am jogging/walking on treadmill for little over 3km in 22-24 mins (two sessions of 12 mins with one minute break) and doing cycling for 3km in 10 minutes. Well it's not exactly cycling but working on a cycle like device where you don't sit but stand on a few broad pedals and then move forward (know the name of this machine, please tell)

I am not interested in weight training, unless it is important. Aerobics stuff is more interesting to me. I especially need help on stretching etc.

elliptical.jpg

if this is what you are talking abt then its called elliptical cross trainer.

and yeah strength training is very important if not more than cardio when you are trying to lose weight.

chk this thread for more inputs

Chk this site for workout schedule for beginners in strength training.

hatter said:

Is it possible for you to go on a jog, not on a treadmill but in a park or similar. A treadmill is much easier and is like cheating compared to a real jog.

Do that for an hr, with a sprint towards the end. You should be able to cover 6kms and build that up to 10.

Your weight will drop, you'll have more stamina, it will cost nothing, interesting scenery, fresh air (hopefully) and will be 100% aerobic :)

shady2pac said:
if this is what you are talking abt then its called elliptical cross trainer.

Yep, that is the one... but I still don't know how to take maximum benefit out of it.

@ blr_p: Park sounds nice idea but won't work for me. I have a stupid schedule (can't change it :( ) so indoor is the only option for me. At least it is the only option for now.

I know treadmill is sort of "cheating" but still it is at least something. Till a month ago, I was not doing anything :p

Back