Firefox Myths - Myths Regarding The Firefox Web Browser

dipdude

Skilled
May 27, 2005
www.techenclave.com
Firefox Myths - click here

:hap2: for all you firefox fans.

Myth (Definition) - A fiction or half-truth, especially one that forms part of an ideology. While Firefox is a decent Web Browser, there are numerous Myths floating around the Internet regarding it. Hopefully this site will debunk some of these.

v1.0.0
First Release

Aces170

ex-Mod
Mar 16, 2005
LOL What a crap piece of article. The guy certainly does not know a shit. I have XP Sp2 with IE, and yet whenever I use IE loads of spyware come bundled, not to mention no adblock. Popups are disabled yes, but I hate those pesky flash ads too, and I am not going to install a third party tool to stop that.

The dimwit is comparing system requirements, IE without SP2 is a trojan, SP2 requires Windows XP. And try running XP on a 486 system.

Its a total ignorant article, IMO should be removed.

smsrohit

Disciple
Oct 7, 2005
i started to notice that firefox has been eating a lot of memory, is it because of the browser or adblock, which some say has documented memory leak, but i got adblock plus, the memory increase is more evident if you load many pictures, on the other hand opera has been very low on resources.

Grease Monk

Intertoob Ninja & Hamster Hunter Extraordinaire
Adept
May 21, 2005
Chennai
yeah, i recently added a huge list of adddresses to adblock, and it has started lagging. Even if i disable it, ff has become sluggish

Aces170

ex-Mod
Mar 16, 2005
Revert to FF 1.0.7 FF 1.5 is very sluggish. Infact Adblock extension doesnt work with flash ads on 1.5

The ppl at Mozillazine have also become very ignorant, I post that FF has become memory hog, and they start flaming that I should use another browser, if 20mb for a blank page seems too much. Bah looks like that forum is flooded by FF ignorant fanbois.

dipdude

Skilled
May 27, 2005
www.techenclave.com
Myth (Definition) - A fiction or half-truth, especially one that forms part of an ideology. While Firefox is a decent Web Browser, there are numerous Myths floating around the Internet regarding it. Hopefully this site will debunk some of these.

v1.0.2
  • Performance Myths - Firefox Achieved 10% Market Share in 2005
  • Security Myths - Firefox is More Secure by not using ActiveX
  • Feature Myths - Firefox fully supports the most important W3C Standards

cooljeba

Recruit
Jan 4, 2005
lol

that chap is just trying to get more popular even though he might not have anything against the broswer. lol

..:: peace ::..

Jeba

ashr

Skilled
Dec 11, 2005
hmm even though i'm not that happy with firefox performance right now, it's still a hundred times better than IE and opera has never worked well for me. i miss the phoenix and firebird days :(