Find Railwire ONU MAC ID

Hi, the sticker on my Railwire ONU / modem is gone. Is there any method using which I can find its MAC ID?

How do I log in to the router interface? What is the default IP, username and password? Thanks.

Type /ipconfig in cmd

Tried that and used every single IP address that it gave for the ethernet adapter. Nothing opens. Then I connected the spare ONU that the operator gave. Railwire is working fine, but unable to open the admin interface even with a fully working and connected ONU.

I used both Windows 10 and Ubuntu 22.04. No luck :(

Just tried both, before as well. No login page appears, says " Unable to Connect ".

192.168.0.1 says

The connection has timed out

The server at 192.168.0.1 is taking too long to respond.

I am using an old model without WiFi from DASAN.

How to do that? Thanks.
See if it has any holes. If it does then probably you need to insert a pin into that while the device is turned on. In case if it doesn't then try press and hold power button for like 10+ seconds. I dunno how your device looks like. Gotta be something.

It is an ONU from DASAN, I am using it since 2015. It is a black almost square box, that fits within your palm. I do not see any holes, perhaps try the power button.

I have a doubt. I have a spare modem from the operator that keeps Railwire running. Even then, I am not able to login to this second modem through any of the IPs. The connection is working fine though.

I will post the pictures soon. The spare modem has everything and works fine, but it is only temporarily allotted to me. My doubt is, why I am not able to access the login page of the working ONU? Thanks.
ONU images of my original modem
The funny thing is, I am able to connect to the wifi router connected to the ONU without any issues.

Try arp -a in command prompt with router attached to pc directly through lan cable.

Thanks, I tried. It lists a number of MAC IDs and IPs. Not sure which one is related to the ONU.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-02-04 at 2.03.20 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-02-04 at 2.03.20 PM.jpeg
    103.2 KB · Views: 74
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-02-04 at 2.03.21 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-02-04 at 2.03.21 PM.jpeg
    106.7 KB · Views: 71
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-02-04 at 2.03.21 PM (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-02-04 at 2.03.21 PM (1).jpeg
    125.7 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
I will post the pictures soon. The spare modem has everything and works fine, but it is only temporarily allotted to me. My doubt is, why I am not able to access the login page of the working ONU? Thanks.
ONU images of my original modem
The funny thing is, I am able to connect to the wifi router connected to the ONU without any issues.

Thanks, I tried. It lists a number of MAC IDs and IPs. Not sure which one is related to the ONU.
Try 192.168.55.1
May I know why do you want to find its Mac address?
Just connect a wired Wifi router and you can have all the control

thanks @dazzwilliams

One day, my internet stopped working. I was told that it has something to do with the modem, even though all lights / LEDs were lit as if there is no error. I said ok and the operator asked for the number under the ONU. He said they need those to set things up.

Even though it was someone from their end who removed it during maintenance, I was blamed for it. Was told that they cannot configure the modem without data from the label beneath it. They said they need the MAC ID.

So I tried to login to the ONU and get it through the dashboard, without success so far.
Try 192.168.55.1

Tried just now, not working.
The connection has timed out

The server at 192.168.55.1 is taking too long to respond.
I could not find any reset holes, so I pressed the power button for a few seconds. There was no change in the LEDs. Now I got the old modem powered ON and connected through an ethernet cable. Windows 10 " Network Connections " says network cable unplugged, even though the cable in plugged in properly. It is not detecting the ethernet in at all.

LED status

Power =Green

PON = Red
ALM = Red
This is the output of arp -a with old modem connected through ethernet

1675512811727.png

Tried all these IPs on the browser. None works.
Tried ipconfig with old modem connected to ethernet

1675512929152.png

Last edited:
Back