FIFA 12 - Discussion Thread

So, how many of you have pre ordered your games? Flipkart has put up quite a good offer. After 10+ years of FIFA, the developers finally get my money :p and I guess it is probably the best time to go legit.

1. Finally PC version is same as that of the consoles, in fact it should probably be better owing to the fact that the graphics would be even better.

2. ULTIMATE TEAM comes to PC as well. Should be fun and more the reason to pre-order from flipkart.

3. EA has completely removed LAN which means no gameranger as well. Without multiplayer FIFA is not even worth considering :p.

Dhrubo said:
3. EA has completely removed LAN which means no gameranger as well. Without multiplayer FIFA is not even worth considering :p.

LOL Good News for ME !!! If this is true My friend ll buy it Finally lol !!!

PreOrdered from FlipKart few days ago!!!
My Origin ID is "MuraliUtd" For FIFA 12 Add Me !

FIFA 11 was lot better than PES version. Gone are the days when there gameplay was better and FIFA 12 is suppose to be a big change in how the game is played .

xtremevicky said:
FIFA 11 was lot better than PES version. Gone are the days when there gameplay was better and FIFA 12 is suppose to be a big change in how the game is played .

True for 08 through 10, but not 11. There are a few of us who have the opinion that, for all its flaws, PES 2011 is the greatest football game ever made. :p

Back on topic, I downloaded the demo today morning. Will have to wait to get back home from work to play though. :(

ram_dante said:
Pes 12 has lan option this time??

PES got rid of LAN long before EA did to reduce piracy. This time EA has completely removed LAN. Online play through their respective servers, EA and Konami, are available though.

PES felt arcade-ish to me. With manuals ON and assists OFF, FIFA 11 gave the most realistic experience of the game till date. Although, I must admit, it had its share of flaws as well.

My download will take another 3hours. Will give impression once installed. BTW, head on to the EA UK forum for some fixes (installing demo without uninstalling FIFA 11) and time enhancing patches.

My first impressions -
1. Graphically not much different to what fifa 11 was although the tele camera view is better.
2. The interface is much sleeker than what it used to be.
3. Gameplay feels a lot different, finally it feels like we are playing a brand new game and not just a patched version of the previous iteration. Although this makes you learn the game all over again. (First time I have started in Amateur level in 10 years, this can also be attributed to the fact that I have finally decided to use my PS3 controller and dumped the keyboard).
4. Tactical defending is a blessing. Now its more about timing and skill rather than just holding on two buttons and let the AI do the rest. EA, though, have provided the legacy defending option for those who will chicken out :p. I just hope we have a standard for the online play.
5. And yes, PC gamers can rejoice as this time it is indeed an out and out port of the console version.
So far so good for EA. If EA can deliver on the multiplayer front and iron out the issues with the online play, we have a winner at our hand. Yeah for EA!!

[OT]Manual shooting is a real PITA. I have hit the corner flag more often than the goal. At one instant it actually turned out to be a perfect low cross for my other forward to tap in :ashamed:[/OT]

Infected said:
......Is the PS3 demo out too on PSN?
Gotta decide which one to get PS3 or PC...???
Yes it should be by now. Although, I would suggest you to go for the PC version for the following reasons.
1. PC gets the same game as the console, only it can be enjoyed at high resolution and anti-aliasing if you have a half decent rig.
2. If you are on CFW you cannot enjoy the multiplayer experience.
3. It is much cheaper and you get the same experience or even better.
chiragsthakur said:
Why cant Fifa12 be installed with Fifa11 already installed?? I had to stop my Manager mode in fifa11 coz of this. Gameplay is really nice..
You need not have to. I told you to head over to the EA forums for the fixes. A small registry fix is all it needs to run both the games.
Code:
REGEDIT4  

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products\1DC6AEF331AE7EC47AE47AA4A4A0B7C5]
Save this as a .reg file and run else change it manually and you are good to go.

I have been playing the demo for the past 3 days, overall must be around 5 hours invested in this game, and i have to say my 1.5 month old preorder for this game stands! IT's just epicly awesome, and will be so much fun playing online with you all! :p

Back