Budget 0-20k Fast office PC needed - must buy fast.

Corsair makes good drives. Check them out.

I think the LG is overpriced. Was a square monitor a necessity?

Overpriced? How? I got it for 5000+5%. A Dell 17" square costs 6696/- on FlipKart and a Benq 17" square 6525/- on theitdepot.com .. All the PCs in my office run a square screen. They are better for working on Word. More real estate.

Now my office setup saga continues. So I need to elaborate a bit. Basically, I am setting up two small offices, one with 8 PCs, using mostly the old existing PCs (almost done now), and a newer office with 12 PCs (to be ungraded to 20 PCs in due time). The electrical contractor was supposed to lay out category 6 cables in the new office as he has done in the smaller office, but somehow has missed out and now is no longer working for me. :mad:

So I need to have a wireless setup for the new office. I have had a very bad experience earlier with Linksys PCI wireless cards, so I am looking for a very reliable option. The Linksys has buggy software, interferes with the integrated Windows wireless driver, keeps connecting and disconnecting to no end. I prefer PCI cards (no fear of anyone running away with the USB wireless adapter). I have many routers at hand, WL 520GU running Tomato, and two RT N13-U routers on stock firmware. I think one router will suffice (500 sq feet rectangular office), divided in 3 areas by plywood partitions - one 80 feet cabin, one small pantry area, and the majority area is the workspace. And yes, the office PCs will be running XP and Windows 7 OEM versions.

My questions:

1) Is one router enough?
2) Which is a reliable PCI wireless card? I will need to buy 12 of them and am open to online purchase. 150 Mbps speeds will suffice.
3) Plan to have fixed IPs with MAC addresses of office PCs saved on the router.
4) WPA-PSK, but I don't want to punch in passwords every time the wireless loses connectivity. Everything should work seamlessly.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Yes, but having 12 PCs on WiFi might get a bit slow. Would suggest wired.

TP-Link cards.

Possible. If you plan to use the N13 - use DD-WRT as the stock firmware is crap, even for this MAC filtering.

Use WPA2, however, ensure you use AES, and not TKIP.

Back