Experience with Airtel Broadband Customer Care

Nikhil

Skilled
Our broadband in the office was not working this morning. ]

I called uo the customer care and then endured the worst part of this experience. The usual "press 1 if you want to take a leak", press 2 if you are bored, press 3 if you want to make us bored, etc....

Finally a customer care executive came on the line and I said our line isnt working and the line itself is dead as the Link and the DATA lights on the modem were not lighting up.

She then registers my complaint and says that by 3:20 pm if the problem isnt fixed, they will reduce a 100/- on our next bill.

I was impressed. Promptly enough, one hour later, our broadband is working fine!!

I hope Airtel continue to give this kind of service. I'm definitely impressed!!

Airtel is great, but its even better to keep mobile numbers of the engineers come to your home.. I sometimes ring them and they are at my home next minute.

-Raghav

Service is the strongest advantage of airtel . Thats the reason why i'm on it for almost 5 years now, even though their plans aren't exactly cheap. My modem (which is on rent) has died thrice due to various reasons, and they replaced it the same day the complain was registered.

Hope other Indian companies learn from them

coolraghav said:
Airtel is great, but its even better to keep mobile numbers of the engineers come to your home.. I sometimes ring them and they are at my home next minute.

-Raghav
I would have done that but no one came to our office. They just fixed the line somewhere outside and called to confirm if it's working or not.

What impressed me more is their confidence that it will be fixed by 3:20 pm or I get a discount on my monthly bill!!

wish tata junkdicom service was this good :( thank god the bloody connection expires in a month and can get rid of it.

Well I have registered similar complaints in the past, all the times the issues were resolved except once and it took them bloody three months to give the Rs 100/- off on my bill.

Yes Airtel is the only ISP in the country with some standards. I have never had to complain about their service, Using ISDN with them I have gotten bills of like 16K first and then then 19K for a month, the third month they installed BB in my area :)

I got both these reduced to 9k and 6K. I am sorry I am not going to give you details about my excuse to them, but it helps if the Airtel Manager is a close friend :)

Anyone from Bhopal reading this...? RoboGhost their main office is next to your house BTW.

yup .. airtel rocks .. i have been so spoiled by their good customer care that i cant even think of switching to any other isp :p ..

once my broadband went off at 8 pm .. i called them and they guy was at my house at 8:15pm and he was gone by 8:30 and my bb was working again. phew all in a time interval of 30 mins ..

Yeah. But then there is a price to pay for everything. Good service = expensive plans.

You want cheap plans, get BSNL :rofl: :rofl:

After a hopeless experience with BSNL(govt. bstrds) ,i've had a great going with airtel for bout 2yrs !!!

stable,top-notch,VFM ! expensive comparatively but u do get your money's worth...

Nikhil said:
You want cheap plans, get BSNL :rofl: :rofl:

You have an experience to share ?

My phone is still on it, never been down in 5+ yrs at least, think BSNL also dropped their pulse rates some time earlier this year for a bit.

But otherwise my broadband experience with airtel for now nearly 4 yrs mirrors pretty much what others have said. I'd say the best thing about them is reliability but then i have an armoured underground cable coming to the premises, no more 'saar, cable got cutted(!)' :hap5:

Fiber is well & good but splicing it back is expensive if equipment is not at hand. That was typical 10hr interruption back in the old days when it happened with thier upstream providers.

Modems are rented as i never switch mine off and at that rate it dies regularly every 15 months. No point buying one.

Speed for Rs.1k could be better than just 384kbs unlimited tho, wonder if there will be a diwali or new yr surprise :)

blr_p said:
You have an experience to share ?

My phone is still on it, never been down in 5+ yrs at least, think BSNL also dropped their pulse rates some time earlier this year for a bit.

But otherwise my broadband experience with airtel for now nearly 4 yrs mirrors pretty much what others have said. I'd say the best thing about them is reliability but then i have an armoured underground cable coming to the premises, no more 'saar, cable got cutted(!)' :hap5:

Fiber is well & good but splicing it back is expensive if equipment is not at hand. That was typical 10hr interruption back in the old days when it happened with thier upstream providers.

Modems are rented as i never switch mine off and at that rate it dies regularly every 15 months. No point buying one.

Speed for Rs.1k could be better than just 384kbs unlimited tho, wonder if there will be a diwali or new yr surprise :)

I meant when it comes to broadband, BSNL is a joke.

did they give u Rs100 off by themselves or did u get it by haggling with them :huh: ?? also it Rs100 off for every complaint?

if bsnl does that..they will have to pay me more than my bill...i can get a regular source of income :rofl:

gangulysaptak said:
did they give u Rs100 off by themselves or did u get it by haggling with them :huh: ?? also it Rs100 off for every complaint?

if bsnl does that..they will have to pay me more than my bill...i can get a regular source of income :rofl:

They themselves offered it! I was very surprised. In the end though they didnt need to make good on their offer!!

wen i hav a problem they put me on hold to check my status and then aftr 5min they tell me an irrelevant problem n when i tell my acc status they put me on hold again for 10min n thedn i get pissed off n bang the phone :)

airtel is AWESOME when it comes to service ... it is very consistent and there is hardly any downtime , very few indeed in my 2+ years of usage.

BSNL is an unfunny joke when it comes to service/broadband.

personal BSNL experience :

phone call from BSNL "saar broadband connection saar from BSNL calling".

me: " did I apply for BSNL ?" thinking : hu playing this prank on me?

bsnl guy : "yes sir u applied , more than a year back (he confirms last year June); we didnt have cable that time saar,now we have cable when can we come to your place".

Yep i got Airtel Internet installed at my residence uesterday & the engineer gave me his number telling me that , i should call him whenever i have a problem . Im liking the way airtel is going about their business.

Back