(Exclusive) Try Times Of India App

Status
Not open for further replies.

raksrules

Elite
Aug 30, 2007
Mumbai
UI - I find the UI very simple to use, something that would appeal to everyone.

Responsiveness - Quiet fast and simple.

Font and readability - Font adjustment feature is very good. Readability is also fine.

Customization option - I like this. Get to see only what i am interested in.

The app force closes sometimes on my phone. It is quiet random so no proper reason for that.

hatter

Skilled
Dec 1, 2007
^^ Link sent

Gosh, ZTE Blade is mighty popular :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

^^ Great, that you like the UI :)

Hmmm... so bugs are still there. We are hunting them down

hatter

Skilled
Dec 1, 2007
Link sent

@ fahrenheit: may be... but currently we are focusing on Android.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

logistopath said:
I found the UI pretty good and usable. App is responsive enough.

Liked the option for changing font size in the articles. The problem is, the app doesn't seem to remember my choice of font size. I select small font size in an article, go back to the main page showing the list of articles, and then select a new article to read - it again changes back to default normal font size. I don't find an option to select and save font size in the settings.
Very valid point. Will pass on the message to dev team and see if the option to remember font can be implemented

hatter

Skilled
Dec 1, 2007
^^ Link sent...

To all who have received APK, please share your experiences (big, small, good, ugly) with the app. Your inputs will be well received and much appreciated.

madnav

Skilled
Jun 15, 2008
Navi Mumbai
really liked the app and have no complaints so far..

request to add a widget or a feed support to read with feeder apps/widgets (if there isn't already)

hatter

Skilled
Dec 1, 2007
^ ^ link sent.

To all, please share your experience. Tell us if you want anything changed or added in terms of features or UI. Also, see if the app is responsive enough or not

hatter

Skilled
Dec 1, 2007
^^ Link sent... I am surprised to see how many people have ZTE blade. What's the cost of this phone folks?

Deathbearer

Adept
Mar 18, 2005
Tested The App Over Wifi:

Here Is What I Felt:

I chose

Entertainment Section: then

Article 1

Article 2

Article 3

From the list i chose article 8 which is at the bottom of the Entertainment Section, after reading the article when i hit back it scrolls back to article 1 (here lies the problem), When i hit back the scroll should be back at article no 8 which was last read, so i dont have again scroll down to see article no 9-10 and so on.

Hope u get what i was trying to explain :p i m not that good with words:ashamed:

More Suggestion Will Come Soon. And yes option for Widget Is Must Or Its Useless.

hatter

Skilled
Dec 1, 2007
@PhotostarSR: I think it's already available... if not, is likely to be available soon

@deathbearer: I sure get what you are saying... the app is probably not registering the status of articles that have already been read. Will pass on the message to dev team.

Keep the feedback coming...

Status
Not open for further replies.