Excitel now offers 300Mbps unlimited at ₹499 (If paid yearly)

Hi All - I may have asked this question earlier but cant find that thread. I got excitel 300 mbps yearly plan for around 7K. I am very happy as it works most of the time and whenever it is down, my cable operations immediately sends message on whatsap that he is working on it and he resolves it very soon. thanks to multiple sim cards at home - we are able to tide over this temporary glitch which happens on an average 10 minutes every week.

They give some unknown chinese router. I am willing to spend around 2.5K to buy a third party well reviewed router like the TP link 1200 Archer one. But my cable operator says it may not work. Can you help me here please. I am guessing if I use the excitel provided small white box that takes fiber as input, shouldnt the white box's output go into this third party router?
Yes, definitely that optical fiber modem or the ONU device as they call it converts the optical signal back to RJ-45 cable at your end so you can you a normal router and plug-in the out put LAN of the ONU to input WAN of the router.

Hi All - I may have asked this question earlier but cant find that thread. I got excitel 300 mbps yearly plan for around 7K. I am very happy as it works most of the time and whenever it is down, my cable operations immediately sends message on whatsap that he is working on it and he resolves it very soon. thanks to multiple sim cards at home - we are able to tide over this temporary glitch which happens on an average 10 minutes every week.

They give some unknown chinese router. I am willing to spend around 2.5K to buy a third party well reviewed router like the TP link 1200 Archer one. But my cable operator says it may not work. Can you help me here please. I am guessing if I use the excitel provided small white box that takes fiber as input, shouldnt the white box's output go into this third party router?
I'm doing exactly same. Output from ONT device goes to WAN port of my Archer A7. And then other routers are connected to Archer A7 in bridge mode.

So Archer A7 becomes the master for all devices connected to internet in home. I can now easily manage all devices using TP-Link mobile app called tether.

I'm doing exactly same. Output from ONT device goes to WAN port of my Archer A7. And then other routers are connected to Archer A7 in bridge mode.

So Archer A7 becomes the master for all devices connected to internet in home. I can now easily manage all devices using TP-Link mobile app called tether.
Hi..So I got these two devices from Excitel right. First small white box (ONT device) that takes fibre as input and output goes to the excitel router..I checked..there is a PON input on the router..so its not RJ 45. Does it make sense to connect the Archer router to Excitel router via a small network cable? I wanted to get rid of Excitel router and claim 2000 refund back..hence any other idea?

Hi..So I got these two devices from Excitel right. First small white box (ONT device) that takes fibre as input and output goes to the excitel router..I checked..there is a PON input on the router..so its not RJ 45. Does it make sense to connect the Archer router to Excitel router via a small network cable? I wanted to get rid of Excitel router and claim 2000 refund back..hence any other idea?
Can you post some pics of what devices excitel has installed for you?

I don't think you can, you'll always need an ONT device to convert optical signals to electric signal. All good and popular routers don't support ONT.

Here you go, Lan cable from ONT device to TP Link Router works without any hassle https://www.flipkart.com/tp-link-archer-c6-1200-mbps-router/p/itmf9gabax3phzsr

PHOTO_20210820_061923.jpg

I did the same. I used my existing router with their ONT device and had to pay the security deposit for the ONT device only. They were pushing me to take both saying that they don't have standalone ONT device readily available with them but when I refused their offer and decided to delay the installation process, I got the call for the availability of ONT device in the very next day.

old thread but got an excitel-specfic question. on searching it shows up mixed results about excitel allowing or not allowing port forwarding. anyone got any info on that?

thank you, have you got a separate router+access point or do you use the combo one provided by excitel? if you can DM me we can continue there.

old thread but got an excitel-specfic question. on searching it shows up mixed results about excitel allowing or not allowing port forwarding. anyone got any info on that?
No port forwarding allowed. Only give NAT ipv4. No option to even get a public or static ipv4. Haven't even started ipv6.

Hi All.. Continuing my previous complaints ...is it possible to buy my own PON box that outputs RJ45 and then buy my own Router...which I actually did in prime day sale today? meaning after the fibre cable reaches my own..I completely take over and not rely on Excitel at all? I have raised a case with Excitel on giving me a fibre to RJ45 PON box but they dont seem to care

Hi All.. Continuing my previous complaints ...is it possible to buy my own PON box that outputs RJ45 and then buy my own Router...which I actually did in prime day sale today? meaning after the fibre cable reaches my own..I completely take over and not rely on Excitel at all? I have raised a case with Excitel on giving me a fibre to RJ45 PON box but they dont seem to care
They won't care at all. Getting the cheapest pon from them is the easiest

Nah..during festival sale got myself a gbps router..took Rj45 from their router to my router and its working fine. They are not very flexible and hence this is the best option I could think of - no dependence on them but one time outflow from my pocket

Nothing shady in this. They let you know what they are offering before hand. Maybe all fibre ISPs do the same. I wasnt smart enough to understand initially. But unlimited 300MBPS at 500 a month plus GST..I dont see anyone coming close. Hence small compromise for the great value you are getting. Now a days I dont have to think twice before downloading 25GB Blu ray rips....earlier with hathway I had to worry about downloading DVD rips!!

Back