Graphic Cards eVGA 8800GT 512mb SC VS. MSI 8800GT 512mb OC V117...whos the Winner?

vpp84

Disciple
Hey friends,

Planning to buy a gfx card..

Now which GFX card to go for.

e-GeForce 8800GT Superclocked 512MB - eVGA

or

NX8800GT-T2D512E-OC - MSI
MSI -- MICRO-STAR INT'L CO., LTD.

or

XFX / BFG 8800GT 512mb (OC) Edition (XX edition or something)

Getting it from India itself.. how about XFX and BFG?? Been through research between eVGA and MSI..cant make my mind between both of them..no personal EXP for both of them..been using BIG/BFG/XFX. Went through Bit-Tech's and AnandTech's reviews on BFG 8800GT 512mb and have shown as kick ass and nice. Also MSI's reviews are good on those sites. Cant find such quality reviews on eVGA as yet, just found a couple of reviews on eVGA which are giving mixed reaction.

8800GTS 512mb is simply overcharged and costly, dont wana go for that. If 8800GTS was the case then better to go for Ati 3870X2 CF (since i have Abit IX38 QuadGT..CF Ready). Ati 3870X2 better than 8800GTS 512mb.

No DRASTIC difference between 8800GT 512mb OC'd and 8800GTS 512mb OC'd/Non-OC'd.

eVGA has superior built quality than MSI. Better heatsinc but with a smaller fan like 8600 series.
http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...on-review.html

MSI NX8800GT T2D512E-OC v117 (red PCB with bigger Fan)

...whos the Winner?
Winner = Perfomance cooling, etc.

Or perfomance wise both are same just the built quality is the difference???? REALLY HARD TIME in DECIDING which one to go for. eVGA or MSI ? Reviews say it has to be eVGA when it comes to nVidia and at the sametime cant find reviews on evga which are as good as MSI's reviews...

Thanks in advance.

Also other suggestions are WELCOME..

what bigger, b8r nd all crap..?

both r the same..
buy a card according 2 ur convenience -
- - the 1 wch has easy warrnaty claim
- - wch suits ur pocket
- - the stock heatsink is itself v shitty... so dont buy nething based on it

I'd go for the MSI 8800GT simply because of the great cooler. The EVGA and XFX cards are very good too, but the temperature hovers around the 75 to 80 mark (depending on ambient temperature of course). The cards with other cooling options like the Gigabyte and the MSI keep the card cooler by 20 degrees comparatively, which is a big deal in India.

Back