Graphic Cards Evga 6800gs

undertaker

Skilled
Guyz I'm back from the (un)dead!

Stay tuned for a review of this majestic card;would have got it earlier had a n***** not stolen about three bucks from me(a week's salary) in Chicago(one of life's many lessons)!

scoring arnd 6k in 3dmark'05 at 475/1.2 ,rest of rig as in sig;I think its a good enuf score.got it for $199+$0 shipping;now its $209$4.99 shipping.:D

bad .... that really nice score ..... i think this card is better than 6800GT ..... congrats buddy on gr8 card ....

Seeing the core speed and the mem speed, I tought this was better than the 6800GT.

But then, I got a high of 5900+ on my BFG 6800GT. And my RAM was at only 214mhz.

And at that time, I felt that it was my RAM that was the bottleneck.

So, I find it hard to agree that this card is better than the Gt. But as good as the GT is true :)

My luck with the core was not too good.Peole are hitting 525+ in some cases.If I could OC my rig some more(limited by shitty Ati chipset),I may cross 6k.

At 410mhz,the 6800U still has a higher fillrate than the 6800GS;but the point is:it makes little sense to get any other GF6 now;the other 6800s are too overpriced and the 6600Gt falls short on newer games.

My luck with the core was not too good.Peole are hitting 525+ in some cases.If I could OC my rig some more(limited by shitty Ati chipset),I may cross 6k.
At 410mhz,the 6800U still has a higher fillrate than the 6800GS;but the point is:it makes little sense to get any other GF6 now;the other 6800s are too overpriced and the 6600Gt falls short on newer games.

3d marks05 gets very small benefit from incresing the CPU speed ..... i OCed mine venice from 1.8 to 2.8 and mine score was increased about 250 ..... :)

Back