Eurotrip Planning.

I went through Thomas cook and hence most of it was done by them.

Schenzen visa costs around 5k I guess. Seriously can't remember. I strictly suggest you refer the official website (I don't know link) for the member countries covered under this visa. You can roam around using this visa in those countries by rail, road, err walk etc Get all the info from the consulate itself.

I hope you know the documents already needed. Salary slips, etc etc...

Since you want to make most of your trip I really suggest (especially if you are with your spouse) that you go to Switzerland and Germany. Once I start earning I have kept only Germany, Switz, Norway, Sweden into my list of place I would want to visit. It's not my own list, I was told so by the tour manager who told me that Aus, South A, Scandanavia, Switz and Germany are place that "blow your mind".

I do suggest you know the VAT refund list which varies for each country, if you intend on shopping there.

Also I suggest you keep an amount around 50000bucks with you for emergencies. Also Switzerland has a seperate currency so don't overlook that. Exchange rates are very poor in EU.

^^

How much did it cost u? Can u please tell the itenary?

Wait. Salary slips???.. That i did not know.

Switzerland and Germany are both in my list.

50k INR I hope. I should keep that in cash? No one told me how to handle money.

These were the requirements for a Schengen visa for a trip to our clients' office at The Netherlands. Neglect the invitation and appointment letter for your case. The rest may be mandatory. You can pay a visit to a travel agent and enquire.

· Passport – Original copy

· One visa application form

· 03 color photograph

· Invitation letter from Netherlands

· Appointment letter

· 3 Months pays slips

· Income tax papers for past 2 years

· 6 Months bank statements​

I stay in UK and had been to Paris/Amsterdam/Germany /Swiss . Please ask your questions point by point, I will surely help you with all the details.

Important thing: Swiss/germany etc have lots of places, so decide which place you want to visit

Example :

1) When you say you visit Swiss hardly you can visit only one city eg: Interlaken, all places accept Euros in Swiss only that you will get change back in Swiss Francs no worries here.

2)Germany, you can visit Munich for BMW museum and go to Berlin for hitler related stuff

3) Paris : had been for new year 3 days is not enough , Versailes will take atleast 1 day, Louvre took us 5 hrs and we say only very important things there

Shoot me Questions I can reply. I

Can offer advice for Barcelona , will be there for the second time next month and will also be covering Vienna in more depth.

Barcelona - Highly recommend that you get a metro card here , last time it was 12 euros i think , taxis are pretty expensive. Other than that you should be ready to walk around a lot. That's the only way you'll discover the city.

If you want i can upload the gpx file for the walking path i took , covered major cathedrals including the Barcelona Cathedral , checked out the Catalonian version of the Arc de Triomphe and went right up to Sagrada Familia. Took a cab to La Rambla (this is where you will find all the street performers) and walked back to my apartment.

Unless you want to visit all the museums , it is possible to check out Barcelona << major spots >> in two days max. Take a walk along the pier in the evening , its beautiful
<
I spent a week last time , will be there for another week during MWC but you really don't need that much time to check out all the places.

If needed PM me , i should have a gpx file of the walking paths and mapped out positions of all the cool stuff to check out. You'll love Barcelona.. its my favorite city in the world
<

Oh and Barcelona has a major pick-pocketing problem. Be extra careful.

Vienna - You should ideally take out 3 days for this. Take a rail to the Melk abbey and come back via a cruise on the Danube in the evening. The ticket is 40 Euros. In Vienna itself you should check out the museum district.

Any specific questions , feel free to message me. More than willing to help out.

There is no NEED for me to use teh entire amount r8?. And also, I have to consider the maximum leaves i have and the ones i can take and all..
<

so a max 20 Days +/-2 is in my target.

True that. The traveler in me would never tire until the money is all spent. Anyways. Happy Tripping.

Paris : Please prefer http://www.discoverwalks.com/

Its free and works on tips, but its driven by Local parisians and it was awsome. Try to take 2-3 trips so that you can cover mostly all important parts after whcih you can watch Versailes/Louvre/Tower

they have tours in Barcelona too

Paris too has lot of Pickpocketing but to a next leve, so much that US embassy site has this to the list in Paris visit guide
<

"octoberfest" in germany in the month of october is something you can look into..

also try to include budapest in your itinerary...

and vienna is a must if you are into architecture, opera and stuff...

Save all your purchase receipts, get the tax/VAT refund at the airport.

here is a pic from my vienna trip in november, just to keep your spirits high..

Just to give you an idea of what to expect in Barcelona... Might want to check out this teaser album. : http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150147728977704.336583.709992703&type=3

Don't carry much cash in Barcelona , cards work everywhere << debit / credit both do >>. Don't do a late night on La Rambla as prostitution is rampant , well actually they'll just loot you and run away lol
<

Try out the Eustruch Pizza at the 150 year old pizza place opposite Barcelona Cathedral. Don't act like an obvious tourist , you WILL get looted
<

These were the requirements for a Schengen visa for a trip to our clients' office at The Netherlands. Neglect the invitation and appointment letter for your case. The rest may be mandatory. You can pay a visit to a travel agent and enquire.

I guess a visit to a travel agent is near.

Shoot me Questions I can reply. I

I will compile a list by monday morning. Reading up stuff and no unlimited connection where i stay.
<
. Please go through it then.

Can offer advice for Barcelona , will be there for the second time next month and will also be covering Vienna in more depth.

Barcelona - Highly recommend that you get a metro card here , last time it was 12 euros i think , taxis are pretty expensive. Other than that you should be ready to walk around a lot. That's the only way you'll discover the city.

If you want i can upload the gpx file for the walking path i took , covered major cathedrals including the Barcelona Cathedral , checked out the Catalonian version of the Arc de Triomphe and went right up to Sagrada Familia. Took a cab to La Rambla (this is where you will find all the street performers) and walked back to my apartment.

Unless you want to visit all the museums , it is possible to check out Barcelona << major spots >> in two days max. Take a walk along the pier in the evening , its beautiful
<
I spent a week last time , will be there for another week during MWC but you really don't need that much time to check out all the places.

If needed PM me , i should have a gpx file of the walking paths and mapped out positions of all the cool stuff to check out. You'll love Barcelona.. its my favorite city in the world
<

Oh and Barcelona has a major pick-pocketing problem. Be extra careful.

Vienna - You should ideally take out 3 days for this. Take a rail to the Melk abbey and come back via a cruise on the Danube in the evening. The ticket is 40 Euros. In Vienna itself you should check out the museum district.

Any specific questions , feel free to message me. More than willing to help out.

I need to go through the stuff mentioned by you one by one and check it out. Will ask questions then.

3 days in one city... hmmm... okay. if worth it.
<

"octoberfest" in germany in the month of october is something you can look into..

Save all your purchase receipts, get the tax/VAT refund at the airport.

Octoberfest is something I would love to visit if i can.

And refund??.. What refund??? Pls explain.

Just to give you an idea of what to expect in Barcelona... Might want to check out this teaser album. : http://www.facebook....09992703&type=3

Don't carry much cash in Barcelona , cards work everywhere << debit / credit both do >>. Don't do a late night on La Rambla as prostitution is rampant , well actually they'll just loot you and run away lol
<

Try out the Eustruch Pizza at the 150 year old pizza place opposite Barcelona Cathedral. Don't act like an obvious tourist , you WILL get looted
<

EEkk.. Too many Euro pick pockets..
<
. Thght its just us.
<

Which debit and credit?? Our indian bank issued ones???

Will definitely check that pizza joint and decide.

Octoberfest is something I would love to visit if i can.

And refund??.. What refund??? Pls explain.

when you do shopping abroad, as a tourist you are eligible for VAT refund which was charged on goodies you bought during your stay. So keep the bills with you, at airport you can get the vat refunded after filling the form and providing copies/original bill.

There is a list of items on which you can get VAT refund, it varies from country to country and most of them cover stationary, clothing, electronics.

try to get a copy of VAT refund list when you land at the airport or try googling.

Check the maximum you are allowed to carry in cash. I don't mean INR. Carry it in local currency. Euros. Although that's not mandatory.

I can't remember the package. It was a 11day tour and cost us around 10L for four members. It's just a crude estimate. But it wasn't really worth it. I was in a bus 80% of the time.
<
Would have preferred to be left alone and just walk my way through most of the locations.

Found it> http://www.thomascook.in/pages/indus/tcportal/GIT/Europe/super_budget_europe_11days.html?pkgId=2544&pkgName=Super%20Budget%20Europe%2010Nights/11Days%20from%20INR%2063000%20plus%20EURO%20850&pkgPrice=114000&isHoneymoon=false&brandType=Group&pdfPath=http://www.thomascook.in/pages/indus/tcportal/GIT/Europe/Super_Budget_Tour_of_Europe.pdf

I think I have told you everything I know. Good luck for your trip.
<

GUys here i have some Pounds to Exchange ard 2500 GBP . I want to convert in Rs let me know if any 1 willing to buy the pounds.Will give you a better rate from the market . Payment mode : Cash .Mumbai pplperfered

Goto any bank and ask them to make you a euro forex card...hand over 30-40k rs, itll be converted in euros on the card which you can use on atm's there like a debit card

This has to be put in back burner for last 2 weeks. Project ending.. Small vacation...Some more project closure tasks are pending, Perhaps new project beginning. No time to read a lot. Need things to settle into a constant speed.
<

Will make this topic active again then.

A good thread with good inputs from most members...

Is there any specific forum dedicated for Foreign Travels, especially Indian Forum. ?

Like indiamike.com has a great forum for travels in India.

When travelling by train through France beware of tunnels! (Watch eurotrip for more details) Get me some Absinthe if possible!

Bumping this old thread for help.

Me and my wife to be are planning to explore Eastern Europe as kind of a backpacking honeymoon hybrid trip.

Anyone know any good travel agents in Mumbai who can get the schengen visa and the tickets done.Maybe even help plan the local itenary.

Back