Error 711 Windows 7 :(

When I try to setup a new dial up connection for my bsnl broadband it always gives me error 711-The operation could not finish because it could not start the Remote Access Connection Manager service in time. Please try the operation again.

But the Bsnl broadband works in pppoe mode (When modem is switched on it automatically connects to internet which I dont want).Modem Model-ZTE ZXDSL 831ALL.I tried other modems same error so probably windows 7 issue.

Any solution? :S

I googled for the error it told me to start some services but the services don't start give some dependency components failed to start [Error 1068]

sahilshah1987 said:
When I try to setup a new dial up connection for my bsnl broadband it always gives me error 711.But the Bsnl broadband works in pppoe mode (When modem is switched on it automatically connects to internet which I dont want).Modem Model-ZTE ZXDSL 831ALL.I tied other modems same error so probaly windows 7 issue.
I googled for the error it told me to start some services but the services dont start give some dependency components failed to start [Error 1068]

Are u using win7 tiny/lite version?

Go to Services and make sure u have these 3 services on Auto and started

Remote Access Connection Manager
Remote Access Auto Connection Manager
Telephony

Also go to LAN Setting(Network connections>LAN Adapter Properties) and select TCP/Ipv4 and doubleclick it and manually enter ur LAN ip (192.168.1.x) and also type in dns ip below( u can paste this from modem/router page in browser or just use open dns IPs)

lostprophets said:
Are u using win7 tiny/lite version?

Go to Services and make sure u have these 3 services on Auto and started

Remote Access Connection Manager

Remote Access Auto Connection Manager

Telephony

When I try to start the first two services you mentioned Remote Access Connection Manager & Remote Access Auto Connection Manager It gives error 1068 Dependency components failed to start.

And I have Win 7 Ultimate 32 bit.

sahilshah1987 said:
But the Bsnl broadband works in pppoe mode (When modem is switched on it automatically connects to internet which I dont want).Modem Model-ZTE ZXDSL 831ALL.I tied other modems same error so probaly windows 7 issue.

change the settings from ppoe to bridge mode in modem and you will be able to use windows dialer.

[SOLVED] Same error

When I try to start the first two services you mentioned Remote Access Connection Manager & Remote Access Auto Connection Manager It gives error 1068 Dependency components failed to start.

And I have Win 7 Ultimate 32 bit.

On a Win 7 Home Basic 32 bit I encountered the same error. Check if you have the Windows event viewer running. It makes no sense to me but after I moved the event logs (semi-accidentally) from C:\Windows\System32\winevt\Logs and rebooted, event viewer started perfectly and so did the Remote Access Connection Manager & Remote Access Auto Connection Manager

Other things I did that might have had an impact on the outcome: I emptied the C:\Windows\System32\LogFiles\WMI\RtBackup folder. That alone did not fix the problem I was having but might have had an influence on fixing the event viewer.

Note that sfc /scannow did not find anything and chkdisk said the disk was clean. There were 2 trojans on the computer that I removed prior to fiddling around with the logs.

Back