Entertainment turns 5.1

vyral_143

Jarvis
Staff member
Super Mod
Today evening received after booking yesterday evening;
Purchased from: Reliance Digital
Purchase Price: ₹24,324 including additional 2 years' warranty from Reliance Digital.

IMG_1836.JPG

IMG_1837.JPG

IMG_1839.JPG

Last edited:
Hey congrats, I got the same one in Pune a couple of years ago for around 20k IIRC. How much did you pay and where did you buy from?

One thing to keep in mind, do use a voltage stabiliser since the rated input is only between 220 and 240 volts and my amp/receiver has gone kaput when there was a bout of low voltage in my home and now I need to get the thing repaired I guess :)[DOUBLEPOST=1420207488][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh just saw the other thread where you mentioned the price and source, congrats :) This is a good sounding setup.

Last edited:
One thing to keep in mind, do use a voltage stabiliser since the rated input is only between 220 and 240 volts and my amp/receiver has gone kaput when there was a bout of low voltage in my home and now I need to get the thing repaired I guess :)

Noted !

Thanks everyone !

@Renegade I will do that for sure. They are going to come for installation tomorrow :D Right now going to use with my PC; but withing 4-5 months a PS3 and a good TV would be accompanying - currently considering LG 42LN5710.

awesome :D glad you finally went for this setup! post them pics post installation & a small unboxing or a review would be nice too :)
Happy Gaming!

I'm nowhere near an "audiophile" level expert but I find this is a very good sounding setup and very VFM for sure. Sounds better than my Altec Lansing MX5021 PC 2.1 speakers (driven by ASUS Xonar DX sound card) IMHO. Only thing I guess this set does not have "tweeters" so maybe the higher level frequencies could be a bit better, but again, for this price it's highly VFM :)

The amp/receiver has decent configuration options like subwoofer crossover frequency and an equalizer you can set on any of the other speakers. You can also configure individual speaker relative levels and "distance" settings, very useful.

I would be interested if someone might be able to compare this against something like the Logitech Z906 set which I think is in the same price range.[DOUBLEPOST=1420523346][/DOUBLEPOST]By the way my set was lying borked (would not power up) for the past 6+ months after a low voltage bout and after reading this thread went ahead and contacted the authorised service center in Pune on Friday evening. The engineer came on Saturday morning 1130am to pick up my amp and I got it back before 4pm the same day back up and running - total cost was 6.5k to repair. Was nice to hear the sound again after so many months of listening to my puny TV speakers hehehe.

First of all apologies for disappearing for so long but there was crazy work load and had out of station travel in between. Since now there is some space to breathe here we go;

Coming to HT installation, following is full sequence of events.
- purchased HT on 1st Jan and got it delivered on 2nd; was promised that installation will happen before 3rd evening.
- no one turned up till 7th Jan and on repeated calling to Reliance one guy said to visit next day
- he visits on 8th Jan but unfortunately my brother not at home and he does a very very basic installation. He just placed receiver, woofer, central and front speakers surrounding to my table and two rear satellites hanging on side walls. There was no tuning or anything.

Since I had to leave on 9th I could not do anything more on this. One thing I have noted is HDMI is not feeding 5.1 sound for things I tried - CoD MW2 and a movie.

@sky Cable length for rear speakers is about 15 feets approx. I have not measured it by tape but its estimation based on installation. Also since I m out of country, I can not provide pictures of installation; sorry about that.

First of all apologies for disappearing for so long but there was crazy work load and had out of station travel in between. Since now there is some space to breathe here we go;

Coming to HT installation, following is full sequence of events.
- purchased HT on 1st Jan and got it delivered on 2nd; was promised that installation will happen before 3rd evening.
- no one turned up till 7th Jan and on repeated calling to Reliance one guy said to visit next day
- he visits on 8th Jan but unfortunately my brother not at home and he does a very very basic installation. He just placed receiver, woofer, central and front speakers surrounding to my table and two rear satellites hanging on side walls. There was no tuning or anything.

Since I had to leave on 9th I could not do anything more on this. One thing I have noted is HDMI is not feeding 5.1 sound for things I tried - CoD MW2 and a movie.

@sky Cable length for rear speakers is about 15 feets approx. I have not measured it by tape but its estimation based on installation. Also since I m out of country, I can not provide pictures of installation; sorry about that.
To hell with the installation guys, DIY bro. It is fun.

Back